Apple Apps Integration

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I have a question for you guys

I love Apple apps cause of the integration with iOS. For example: when I click on an address it pulls it up in Apple Maps.

I want to switch and use Google Maps cause it is still far better.

Now that we can uninstall default stock apps, if I delete Apple Maps and install to use Google Maps- clicking on an address, what does it do?

I love Apple’s stock Email App. I won’t be switching that. I love the Stock calendar, weather and reminders apps too. I won’t be switching those out. I believe just Google Maps.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, Apple doesn’t allow us to set certain apps as our preferred apps. While in Android you can set Chrome as your default browser instead of Samsung’s own browser.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love Apple apps cause of the integration with iOS. For example: when I click on an address it pulls it up in Apple Maps.

I want to switch and use Google Maps cause it is still far better.

A quick workaround: long-press (not 3D press) the address link. Depending on what pops up, tap "copy" or "copy address" from the thing that pops up (it's different on web links from the Contacts app, say). Open Google Maps. Paste the address in the Google Maps search bar at the top.

It'd be nice if Apple added a share extension for mapping if they aren't going to allow you to change the default app...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2