Help with leaving iOS 11 beta

kuleke

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I want to go back to the stable iOS 10.3 but I'm having some difficulty with downloading the 10.3.3 restore file. My internet connection is no good for downloading using browsers so I'm just hoping there's someone who can provide a torrent (they've worked well in the past for this sort of thing) so I can get the restore file from them. It's a 2.7GB file and the download keeps breaking at ~50MB so its pretty hopeless lol Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you not put your device in DFU mode and then have your computer’s iTunes app download and install the latest official iOS release onto your iOS device?

kuleke

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I just looked it up, thanks! I think that'll do it. Although I might just keep using the beta since we're so close to September but thanks a lot for the suggestion so I always have a way out lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just looked it up, thanks! I think that'll do it. Although I might just keep using the beta since we're so close to September but thanks a lot for the suggestion so I always have a way out lol

You’re very welcome...:)

ijam

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
If you use the public beta, and want to go back to 10.3, follow these instructions, or potentially become stuck in an endless restore from iTunes loop ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

Point 4 means option (or shift) click on the restore button in iTunes.
That will bring up a search dialog, from where you can select the appropriate *.ipsw file.

kuleke

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
The glitches suddenly got really bad in the last two days. Notifications either wouldn't show up or go away after they've been attended to. Using the Phone app was becoming stressful as well so I decided to return to the stable one. Almost done restoring the backup from before I joined the beta program now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The glitches suddenly got really bad in the last two days. Notifications either wouldn't show up or go away after they've been attended to. Using the Phone app was becoming stressful as well so I decided to return to the stable one. Almost done restoring the backup from before I joined the beta program now.

I’m sorry the beta didn’t work out for you, but that’s how it is. Some people have little to no issues whereas others appear to have nothing but issues. Anyway, the next beta update will be out soon. Hopefully, it will fix the problems you were experiencing....

kuleke

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I’m sorry the beta didn’t work out for you, but that’s how it is. Some people have little to no issues whereas others appear to have nothing but issues. Anyway, the next beta update will be out soon. Hopefully, it will fix the problems you were experiencing....

Yeah let's hope it does. It's been a interesting experience going both ways. Also I think after going through it, I'll REALLY appreciate the official release when it comes out haha

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the iOS 11 beta on my spare iPhone 6 and it is slow and some apps crash. Since it is not my daily driver, I am going to tough it out and wait for the next public beta release to see if the issues I'm having are fixed.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the iOS 11 beta on my spare iPhone 6 and it is slow and some apps crash. Since it is not my daily driver, I am going to tough it out and wait for the next public beta release to see if the issues I'm having are fixed.

I’m also finding the iOS 11 beta to have slower animations and overall slower in responding to my input. I have also seen application windows open and close but not actually force close. Definitely not stable from my experience but I’m sure it’ll be great once it officially releases.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have iOS 11 on my iPad, there are some glitches but also a major improvement in airplay stability wit my Apple TV

Am I going crazy or is there a new animation when you open or minimize an app? The animation makes it seem like there’s a delay and I’m getting a Samsung Touchwiz vibe from it. Not horrible, but I don’t recall this happening before.

Anyways, I did a factory reset and the speed of my device isn’t as sluggish as before. Still obviously a beta but not that bad.

Edit: I guess it is the same animation but slower due to the lag. Ah well. I disabled it for now, but I think my eye twitching stems from me repeatedly clicking buttons to see it, haha.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I do notice any changes in animations so I guess no problem with that for me, ipadPro is almost as fast as on iOS 10.

It’s likely me then. I didn’t notice an issue yesterday. Just today so it may be I’m just tired from messing with the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2