No history in ios10 Frequent Locations

Vpitamber

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

I am hoping someone can really help me here. I have an iPhone 6, and have been running ios 10 for several weeks(since its release). I have recently updated to 10.0.2. To date my frequent location history shows nothing :( , despite activating all my system services. I even reset location settings hoping it would resolve the issue, with no luck. Further to this I have noticed the car park feature doesn't work, and nothing shows under MAP Transit despite toggling on this feature as well. I get no notifications when I park my car, and my phone is always connected via Bluetooth to my car. Bluetooth works fine.

Traffic conditions worked well in ios9 without any issues , but since I updated to ios 10 , maps transit shows nothing :( . Its a feature I used to use daily and found handy.
Anyone else experience this ? And found a resolution ?
I really hope someone can help me out on this one.

thanks a mill

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you ...

#1 - Done a hard reset?
#2 - Reset Settings ( would think reset network setting re: BT / Car issues)

??

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I see you did mention everything was on in system settings. System services>frequent locations is also toggled on? As shown in this screenshot.

288a45ed81b351c17a3e32cd3fe3cae0.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Try this in the following sequence:
-Disable frequent locations
-Restart device
-Enable frequent locations
-Restart device

And check your frequent locations in a few days, see if finally anything pops up in there.

davemac616

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my iPhone 7 currently on 10.1.1. Frequent locations are empty. My iPad Air on 10.1 shows several frequent locations and it doesn't even have GPS! This was working fine on my iPhone 6s and earlier. I've tried clearing the list of locations, turning it off, restarting, turning it on, etc.

I do get "parked car" detection, sometimes when I've had the phone connected to Carplay, sometimes when I haven't (it's very good at finding the car in my garage :eek:) but I miss the "it will take you nn minutes to drive to work" notifications of iOS 9.

Vpitamber

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my iPhone 7 currently on 10.1.1. Frequent locations are empty. My iPad Air on 10.1 shows several frequent locations and it doesn't even have GPS! This was working fine on my iPhone 6s and earlier. I've tried clearing the list of locations, turning it off, restarting, turning it on, etc.

I do get "parked car" detection, sometimes when I've had the phone connected to Carplay, sometimes when I haven't (it's very good at finding the car in my garage :eek:) but I miss the "it will take you nn minutes to drive to work" notifications of iOS 9.

Hi

I found the only way to resolve this issue was to do a clean install, and re-installing all apps. It's a pain in the *** ! Restoring from a backup merely restores old settings , unfortunately.