No Safari history showing

I

iMore Question

Hi

Im using a couple iphone data recovery software and when, the software scans and analyses my phone which is in an Iphone 11 with ios 14. Its showing zero history. Even though there is safari browsing history on my phone. This begun with IOS 13 and now IOS 14. Has apple blocked people from being able to use third party data recovery software to retrieve safari history??

Whats perplexing is that i can retrieve my bookmarks and pictures but no safari browsing history even though there is history on my phone. Just weird

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s possible the software you’re using isn’t designed to retrieve “history”. Have you contacted the developers of the software about it?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Is Safari synchronized with iCloud? If so, the history is likely stored in your iCloud “partition”.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
yep its synchronised with iCloud. Where do I go to see it?? thanks

You can’t read the Safari database from an iOS or iPadOS device. It’s completely sandboxed from the rest of the system (like all apps).

You will need to read the history on a macOS Safari browser connected to the same iCloud account. In my experience, the history is synchronized between devices. Also, it will be absent from a backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo