Alarm Volume

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but even when my ringer volume is down to one or two "bars," the volume of my alarms is very high. Startlingly so. Anyone else? Any fixes?

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Im on the Dev Beta 2 also and experienced your scenario yesterday morning when i was getting ready for work. My alarm was so loud i could hear it from the other side of my house. I was just amazed at the volume of the alarm. I had never heard volume like that on a iPhone. I too had my volumes set fairly low on all other ringers and such when it happened. hmmm...

pgrtag

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep mine is loud too. On iOS 9 I could have the volume at 3 bars, but now on iOS 10 public beta 1 it's s lot louder set at the same volume

milberma

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
In my case the alarm plays through a Bluetooth speaker, which is *very* loud. Before iOS 10 alarms sounded on the phone only, which was good. Now, the alarm plays at what sounds like full volume through a powered speaker box. Talk about a rude awakening...

I listen to podcasts when going to sleep, and the volume is usually very low - just above inaudible. The alarm is at the other end of the volume spectrum, and I haven't found a way to adjust it, or to prevent it from playing on the speaker box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found anything at all. Today something interesting occurred, though. I was typing when an alarm went off. Before the alarm the keyboard sounds were normal, but once they alarm sounded, the keyboard sounds were VERY loud. When I stopped the alarm they went back to normal. So I guess it's not just the alarms that are sounding loud, but everything while the alarms are sounding.

Jon Baylis

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't found anything at all. Today something interesting occurred, though. I was typing when an alarm went off. Before the alarm the keyboard sounds were normal, but once they alarm sounded, the keyboard sounds were VERY loud. When I stopped the alarm they went back to normal. So I guess it's not just the alarms that are sounding loud, but everything while the alarms are sounding.

Hi,

Finally I've found some of you with the same problem. I am on iOS 10 Beta 3. This problem started when I went to Beta 2. Whatever I try my alarm is VERY loud. It is driving me mad and wakes me up angry!

Let's hope Beta 4 cures it.

Thanks,
Jon

KBO6156

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
It seems to be the Settings > Sounds controlling alarm volume. But DUH, I don't necessarily want the same volume setting for the ringers and notifications that I need to get from my phone in the course of a busy day, out in the noisy world, and for the alarm clock that interrupts my sleep in a quiet room (where my husband is sleeping does not necessarily have to get up at the same time as I do). Nor do I want to have to change that volume setting every night and every morning! The "bedtime" app is not a fix for me either. My schedule is such that I do not get up at the exact same time every work day. My regular alarms I set every Sunday night, depending on my schedule for the week. (And I don't want reminders to go to bed). I don't think any of this is all that unique!

Ana Abreu

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
This has been driving crazy ever since I upgraded to IOS10 a few weeks ago... one of the softest alarm tones (twinkle) on my 6 plus, and on my husbands 5s, is way louder on my device, both with volume set to minimum.

There doesn't seem to exist a simple workaround, so I went the complicated way.

I found a zip file with the IOS ringtones and tones at http://www.cydiahacks.com/iOS7Tones.zip (and no my iphone isn't jailbraked).

Anyway, I unziped the file, selected my tone, and went to Increase MP3 Volume Online, MP3 Volume Booster Online, MP3 Volume Louder ...where I decreased its volume by 11 decibels (it's trial and error, you should do your own tests with the tone you want).

Uploaded the new file to my device, selected it when setting my alarm, and voila.
I know, it is not the best or the easiest solution, but I was really going crazy in the morning, and this did the trick...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77