iOS 9. I think is Apple biggest failed software update

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The title saids it all. I have been an iPhone user for quite some time now and my current phone is a black iPhone 6 which I have purchased last year on launch date. Usually all the iPhones and all the softwares I have been using over the years Apple always impressed me and never had any problem or lag with any of the updates until iOS 9 came. I don't know about the new 6s, but iOS 9 has been making my phone glitchy, laggy, some things are not responsive right away. There are many small things but I don't want to get into detail. But I have never had a iOS software like this one and apple really needs to fix it. It's starting to become like an android phone to me which I do not like at all

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is intilted to his/her opinion, but for ME, iOS 9.0.2 on my 6s Plus runs VERY GOOD. I have had ZERO problems. May I suggest a device restore from "NEW", I know that it can be a lot of work, but from what I've read here on iMore, it corrects a lot of the problems people are having with iOS9.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The title saids it all. I have been an iPhone user for quite some time now and my current phone is a black iPhone 6 which I have purchased last year on launch date. Usually all the iPhones and all the softwares I have been using over the years Apple always impressed me and never had any problem or lag with any of the updates until iOS 9 came. I don't know about the new 6s, but iOS 9 has been making my phone glitchy, laggy, some things are not responsive right away. There are many small things but I don't want to get into detail. But I have never had a iOS software like this one and apple really needs to fix it. It's starting to become like an android phone to me which I do not like at all

Hopefully, iOS 9.1 will cause you to feel better about iOS. In the meantime, try to make the best of what you currently have.

Justin Adams

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I agree. All the way back to the 3GS I've had iPhones. Every one since, except the newest S versions and iOS 9 is terribly unresponsive. I'm on the 9.1 beta 5 and it's still bad. I hope they get these issues ironed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Worst ever, not even close. ios 8 had people with unusable iphones. It's almost the new rule, never upgrade X.0 and wait at least for X.1 or greater. Android users had problems with 5.0 and the phones got better with 5.1.1. It's unfortunately the new norm.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I completely disagree. My own personal experience with iOS 9 has been positive but there are obviously many people that are having issues. While it is normal for a new OS release to have issues it is abnormally disappointing considering Apple touted iOS 9 as being focused on performance and stability.

Silver lining: I am seeing a ton of positive feedback about 9.1 in the forums. Beta 5 is on my daily driver and it's running wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

ejraney

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few bugs through the iOS 9 public betas, however this latest 9.1 is running great on my 5s. I really hope you can handle your current issues until 9.1 officially drops, I think you will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7 had a lot of issues. It was springtime before they cleared it up. Those issues only affected the 64 bit iPhone 5s. But still...

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6 that I pre-ordered on launch day and haven't had any problems with iOS 9. Hopefully the next update will correct some of the problems you are experiencing.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Its running almost perfectly for me. There's an issue with 3 songs not syncing from iTunes to my iPhone 6, but that's about it. A fresh restore should usually do the trick, as spencerdl mentioned.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
it's unfortunate you're experiencing so many issues but like the others have said 9.1 is very stable and it's only a couple weeks away from release.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had issues with 9.0.2 as well. Alarm doesn't show on lock screen when it goes off in the morning and lots of lagginess in general. Hoping, as others have said, that 9.1 is better.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I can't say that it has been a fail, I been using a iPhone since the first iPhone and I know that every update is going to be something wrong, that doesn't mean it's a fail. You have to remember it's still technology and man made. It can mess up at any time.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
For me the experience has been relatively the same. It appears , with every yearly release, are slowly dipping in quality in order to keep up with the demands of the community. This was supposed to be their "back to basics" iOS release too, if I recall. From what I can see it rather backfired.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me the experience has been relatively the same. It appears , with every yearly release, are slowly dipping in quality in order to keep up with the demands of the community. This was supposed to be their "back to basics" iOS release too, if I recall. From what I can see it rather backfired.

Where's the backfire? What doesn't work? It's been great on my 6s Plus.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it was mentioned in another thread, but for many non S users there is rather heavy lag and battery drain. I myself am experiencing those issues, but they aren't as prevalent. Regardless, this update does feel rushed compared to past versions. To me at least.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I think IOS 8 was way worse than IOS 9! I have no problems with IOS 9. With IOS 8 I thought it was very laggy, slow, and had lots of bugs at first. But it got better after the future releases.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2