I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the problem be?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.
Same iCloud account, same GC account, same game, different device - one works one doesn't. For us 5s works, iPad Mini 2 doesn't.

Others it works on iPad but not phone.

One thing I would be interested to know is if the broken Game Center device was the first or second device upgraded to 9.0?

In our case it broke on the second device. Not sure if relevant or not but we didn't open any games or settings on phone (upgraded first) before upgrading iPad and then going into a game on iPad (second upgraded device). Going back to phone the game and Game Center run great. That's my wife's devices. All of mine are fine on 9.0.1 and 9.1.

Going to try 9.1 on her broken iPad soon. Will post results.

9.1 upgrade did NOT help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jhonx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Same thing has happened to me with my iphone 4s but i noticed if i opened game center and left if for 5 or so minutes then the sign in/out screen would eventually appear. When I signed in or out I would have to wait another five or minutes again for it to complete. It is insanely slow but it does work.

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

With my partners phone working and mine we upgraded at the same time - I have a feeling his actually did finish it first so mine not working would have been the 2nd to actually finish - one thing though he wasnt logged in his game centre where I was not sure if that cold have caused a problem?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game centre doesn't work

My iPad did this today while testing a game. It was the first time using it after upgrade yesterday. I opened Game Center in settings and saw the delay in opening it. So I opened iTunes to get ready for a wipe (without restoring backup). And the Game Center came up in settings. I logged out and back in and the problem is gone. Haven't had a chance to try anything on my wife's iPad yet and this could just be a coincidence but I am hopeful for others since mine unstuck. Will update if I find more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sibro7425

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Scratch another one for issues with Ipad and gamecentre. Not me but my wife's ipad mini. It works fine on her iphone 4S but just hangs for 3 or 4 minutes on her ipad so not connected to account but device.

This is shoddy from apple and by the looks of things, this is a widespread issue and needs immediate resolution!

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Submitted. Left my device as is. Will provide material if they ask.

Cheers.

My bug report was just duped to 22771681, which normally means that Apple has enough data to go on and is working on a fix.

Normally Apple dupes to the lowest bug report number, which would be mine, but since I stopped providing info I guess that works out well.

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Well i installed 9.0.2 this morning still no fix :/ Will try the wait and log out and then in see if fixes :)

Edit - game centre stuck in settings for over 15 mins - no movement :/ Trying game centre app now

Last edited:

msckj

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I was advise by kabam to delete app and reinstall, but it freezes when I attempt to delete and iPad gen 3. I am now unable to delete game. I notice these problems after upgrading to ios9.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Recently got an iPhone 6s Plus and restored from back up. Game Center worked for a couple of days then started showing the same symptoms(i.e. blank screen when entering app, Game Center settings freezes, etc). Don't know what's going on. Running latest software: 9.0.2

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
GREAT NEWS - 9.1 is out and it has a fix for it - So happy my game centre is working now :)

Yes Morac it does fix it - US friend told me this morning it was out but i forgot to update on here till now but all is working now on my 4S :)

emperer0313

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Same problem

i am having the same problem on my IPod touch 5th gen and would love to have someone respond with a way to fix this problem.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm having issues where games are no longer recognising achievements in the game center. It's making me miss google play games. Google play games is stable and just WORKS

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm having issues where games are no longer recognising achievements in the game center. It's making me miss google play games. Google play games is stable and just WORKS

Are u on the latest ios9.1? That would solve the issues or sometimes it could be the Apple servers having a downtime

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

Make sure your ISP isn't blocking Game Center. My workplace does that and I get the same white page since it can't load Game Center.

If it doesn't work anywhere try signing out and back in again.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Make sure your ISP isn't blocking Game Center. My workplace does that and I get the same white page since it can't load Game Center.

If it doesn't work anywhere try signing out and back in again.

How do you sign out of game centre if you can't get onto it?

Lmao my settings froze when I tried to go to it. Something is definitely up ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1449876726.111147.jpg

It's not even letting me go to game center in the settings on the phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2