Seeing notifications on the lock screen without having the screen 'wake up' when receiving them

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if there is a way to see all my notifications on my lock screen when they come in, but not waking up the screen when the notifications come in.

As far as I know, when you turn off Show on Lock Screen for a particular application notifications, that takes care of not waking up the screen when a notification comes in. But it won't show on the lock screen (obviously) when you want to see the notification later on. You have to swipe down from the top to see the notifications.

I guess I'm asking/wondering if you can do both: not wake the screen up and see the notifications on the lock screen?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if there is a way to see all my notifications on my lock screen when they come in, but not waking up the screen when the notifications come in.

As far as I know, when you turn off Show on Lock Screen for a particular application notifications, that takes care of not waking up the screen when a notification comes in. But it won't show on the lock screen (obviously) when you want to see the notification later on. You have to swipe down from the top to see the notifications.

I guess I'm asking/wondering if you can do both: not wake the screen up and see the notifications on the lock screen?

Not sure how. If the screen doesn’t wake up (backlight "off"), how would you see the notification?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You can enable 'Do Not Disturb' for when the phone is locked and you can accomplish that. However if you have that enabled you won't hear the notification or get a vibration if you have it set for that.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
That for sure does what I need it to, but like you said - you won't hear when an email or SMS comes in. I guess I'll just have to have make do with having the screen come on when a notification goes off.