Messages app freezing

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is messages app freezing for anyone? Certain contacts when I try to text or iMessage someone the whole chat and messages freezes and crashes but for some texts it's working fine

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as you posted in the iOS 8 section your experiencing this on the Beta and as mentioned you will have these issues from time to time

Advice you report it to Apple so they can address it for the next Beta release

Thanks

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as you posted in the iOS 8 section your experiencing this on the Beta and as mentioned you will have these issues from time to time

Advice you report it to Apple so they can address it for the next Beta release

Thanks

yes i understand that I'm trying to see if anyone has a temporary fix for it. i have had iOS 6 and 7 betas so i understand their will be problems but their are always temporary fixes for a few bugs so just wondering

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can see this happening with long conversation threads or threads with lots of pictures and videos.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My messages app still freezes up on iOS 8.1. I do use the SwiftKey keyboard. I don't think I'm alone. Many are having this issue. It happens to me about 10 times a day. I have to force quit the app. Safari also has freezing issues.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My messages app still freezes up on iOS 8.1. I do use the SwiftKey keyboard. I don't think I'm alone. Many are having this issue. It happens to me about 10 times a day. I have to force quit the app. Safari also has freezing issues.

Same here, found this thread searching for the same issue. 2-day old iPhone 6, seems to mostly freeze in Messages, though it's happened in Mail as well.

I'm also using SwiftKey. I'm thinking that might be the common factor. I'm going back to the stock keyboard for now.

When an app freezes, I'm able to use the Task Switcher to switch to other apps. But the only way to fix the frozen app is to close it and re-open.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here, found this thread searching for the same issue. 2-day old iPhone 6, seems to mostly freeze in Messages, though it's happened in Mail as well.

I'm also using SwiftKey. I'm thinking that might be the common factor. I'm going back to the stock keyboard for now.

When an app freezes, I'm able to use the Task Switcher to switch to other apps. But the only way to fix the frozen app is to close it and re-open.
That's what I do. I haven't seen it in Mail. I've had some freezing in Safari. Like when I enter my email on a log in, a letter gets stuck big. Like this: the whole page freezes. I have to force close Safari.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415648827.594700.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looking like a 3rd party keyboard issue. It's never happened on my i5s and iOS 8.1 running the Native Keyboard
No, a friend has the Safari issue, and she does not use 3rd party keyboards. You can find others on the Apple forums with the same problem. The messages app freezing may be the 3rd party keyboard. But I don't like the stock keyboard. It's hard on my eyes. I like SwiftKey and the dark keyboard. I just hope Apple will fix the problem.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

jkender

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not freezing, but the issue I am having is when I slide to the left to delete messages, sometimes the delete function doesn't work and the message stays in place. It take multiple attempts on some of the messages to delete them.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I narrowed this issue down to third party keyboards. As soon as I stopped using them everything works as expected.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It really messes up when also in contacts as well like when tapping on another field, the first word tapped goes back to the first field. Messages also has an issue, I didn't get the freezing but it somehow went back to the stock keyboard. I gave it another try and Probably will only use the stock keyboard. Apple needs to address those issues with iOS9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2