iTunes and iPhone 4S not working since recent iOS software update

Carlar34

May 4, 2014
Visit site
after downloading the new iOS software update on my phone earlier this week, my phone has been in recovery mode since. i attempted to plug it into my pc to use iTunes to fix it, but now it appears my iTunes isn't working correctly since doing this. i've tried putting the phone into DFU mode and my pc will show it recognized the device, but it still doesn't recognize it in iTunes. i've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and checked my firewalls and updated iTunes and Mozilla that i use. when running diagnostics from help in iTunes it shows red telling me the secure link to iTunes store failed. in the report i see it says a firmware update server unsuccessful error 0X80096004. i've verified iTunes is listed as an exception in my firewall and listed the addresses for gsapple.com, etc. that are listed in support on iTunes. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i've been without a working phone for four days now. :mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Locate the .ipsw file on your computer and then move it to the trash bin. Afterwards, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes, and when iTunes detect it is in recovery, select to restore and update. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77