External WD Passport not working on IPhone 13

oscarnav

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
Hello All, I am trying to transfer years of Pictures and Movies onto a Wd Passport external HD. I have done a search and seen a few you tube videos and I believe I may have all the right components.

-WD passport External HD
-Powered Hub
-Apple Lightning to USB3 cable

I can get the External Hd to show up in my IPhone files, but when I hold my finger over a file and try to transfer/Move it onto the External Drive, it does not high light the Passport drive.

The only two items I see in the WD Passport tab is software installation options for Mac or Window. I don’t have a PC or Laptop, and was wondering if it is possible to format this External drive from an IPhone or IPad.? Is there something I can try, to make this Wd Passport drive work with my IPhone 13?

Please advise.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello All, I am trying to transfer years of Pictures and Movies onto a Wd Passport external HD. I have done a search and seen a few you tube videos and I believe I may have all the right components.

-WD passport External HD
-Powered Hub
-Apple Lightning to USB3 cable

I can get the External Hd to show up in my IPhone files, but when I hold my finger over a file and try to transfer/Move it onto the External Drive, it does not high light the Passport drive.

The only two items I see in the WD Passport tab is software installation options for Mac or Window. I don’t have a PC or Laptop, and was wondering if it is possible to format this External drive from an IPhone or IPad.? Is there something I can try, to make this Wd Passport drive work with my IPhone 13?

Please advise.

You may need a [FONT=&quot]Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to connect to the Hub and External Drive.[/FONT]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234