How do you uninstall iOS7 and then reinstall via iTunes?

bmartin3191

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I originally downloaded via WiFi. Have had really buggy experience. I reset to factory settings. Still have issues. How do you uninstall and then reinstall via iTunes?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I originally downloaded via WiFi. Have had really buggy experience. I reset to factory settings. Still have issues. How do you uninstall and then reinstall via iTunes?

Restore through iTunes then set up as new to see if your experience is better.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before you do ANYTHING, create an iCloud backup (if you have an iCloud account) and an iTunes backup.

1. locate the ipsw file (iOS) on your computer and move it to the trash bin.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
3. Put your device in DFU mode (Nothing will show on your device's display when in DFU mode) and connect your device via USB to your computer and initiate the computer's iTunes app.
4. iTunes should detect that your device is in recovery and ask if you want to restore and update. Of course, do so.
5. iTunes will then download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version.
6. When complete, I recommend that you set it up as a new device, and not restore it from a backup. However, I understand that time can be of the essence and some people may need to get their device up and running as quickly as possible. If that's you, then restore from your last backup.

bmartin3191

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
If I set it up as a new device, when would I sync to my iCloud for my contacts, calendars, apps, etc?

Before you do ANYTHING, create an iCloud backup (if you have an iCloud account) and an iTunes backup.

3. Put your device in DFU mode (Nothing will show on your device's display when in DFU mode) and connect your device via USB to your computer and initiate the computer's iTunes app.
4. iTunes should detect that your device is in recovery and ask if you want to restore and update. Of course, do so.
5. iTunes will then download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version.
6. When complete, I recommend that you set it up as a new device, and not restore it from a backup. However, I understand that time can be of the essence and some people may need to get their device up and running as quickly as possible. If that's you, then restore from your last backup.

bmartin3191

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Where do I find the ipsw file on my MacBook Pro?

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if I install it as new will I lose my google exchange calendar/contacts functionality? I heard that no longer exists for new phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2