What issues are you having with iOS 7?

drewsonian

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the lock screen. If I have a passcode set and my phone is locked, and I get an incoming call, if I try to get into the other phone apps while still on the call, I press the Home button and it gives me the "swipe to unlock" screen. I swipe to unlock. Then, I try to put in my passcode and it won't let me touch the numbers to enter a passcode. The circles around the numbers are gone and when I hit the right numbers, nothing happens. Same thing happens if I end a call and then immediately try to unlock the phone. To solve the issue, I have to hit the power button to turn off the screen and then hit the power button to bring the screen back and then the circles around the numbers on the unlock keypad are available.

Anyone else have this problem?

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had many major issues : one is the phone app crashed dialing 611. I also noticed that there isn't a decline call button when the phone is locked, but I seem to remember seeing it if a call came in and the phone was unlocked. That's it though, pretty clean for a new release.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For me my top 3 are

1. battery life is much worse
2. iMessage I'm finding out is very unreliable. A bunch of my messages are not going through
3. iTunes radio keeps giving me a message "not connected to network" even though I am and all other data works

A minor issue is that it seems harder to press on the correct spot to get controls to respond. Especially for music.

What issues are you guys having? Also if you know any fixes...

Haven't had any of these issues with my iPhone 5. Yet.

Other than the cutesy stuff with the movement (wish I could turn that completely off), and the text/font colors, the main irritation right now is the "Trust Computer" option randomly gets forgotten. Sometimes I can sync fine, sometimes I need to click Trust Computer first. Which means that if I just plug and go, it doesn't sync/backup sometimes...

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am had minimal issues with my iPhone 4S. Slowing and a few apps are crashing, but not my main apps. Soon I will be running iOS 7 on an iPhone 5S, but I am really enjoying iOS 7.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thought maybe I had escaped because with the exception of a few email notifications hanging around a little longer than they were supposed to, all seemed well. However as I was just scrolling thru my facebook postings in the app it suddenly snapped shut, the screen turned black for a second or so, and then my home screen was visible again. Seems to be working fine now but that was some weirdness I hope I don't see again.

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
On iPhone 5 after a fresh iOS7 installation I'm experiencing:
1) Glitchy multitasking scrolling of open apps -strange thing for iOS- , especially if you do a double tap and quickly swipe to move the icons to the left the scrolling is not synced with the finger but lags behind. (incredibly it works much better on the Nexus4 I'm using for work where multitasking scrolling is perfectly fluid -strange thing for Android- )
2) Sometimes the double tap to open the list of open apps takes a few moments to open.
3) After unlocking the phone, it takes too long for the animations to complete so swiping sideways the springboard results in an annoying feeling of a not registered touch input. (to solve this you just have to wait into the animation, but doing this 50 times a day is very time consuming).

Many small issues that I think will be solved soon but still result a bit annoying for people used to the perfect smoothness of iOS6.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm have mentioned the iMessage issue in other threads. It is temporarily fixed my resetting. Happens about once or twice a day though.

The second issue I just realized yesterday is that location based reminders are not working. I had a reminder to make a phone call when I got to my office and another reminder for when I got home. Neither popped up. I have all my appropriate location settings on. I know other people are having the same issue and have not seen a solution for that one. Hopefully it apart of the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
iMessage is main. Even some texts aren't going through.simple shut off of phone fixes it temporarily. What a pain!
Laggy dial pad. It sometimes takes 2-5 sec before I can dial. Very annoying.
Unresponsive keypad when on safari, you hit the search bar or type and it doesn't always respond. If you give it a sec or 2 it's fine.
Wifi .. Really hates staying connected. Which sucks when you don't have unlimited data.
Last but not least, battery drainage!! HOLY!! In just a few hours doing nothing with my phone it's down 4-5% I have nothin running! locations, auto refresh NOTHINGS on! If I send a few texts it goes down quicker of course but it's gotten so bad with ios7! Maybe this point should've been number 2 lol..

Running iPhone 4

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
waiting on the next update to see if this stuff is fixed. It's not a lot of issues, but the ones that exist are really annoying and not what I'm used to from Apple.

Chris Miller16

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is a list of some of the problems with Apple's iOS Vista. (7) Apple is calling these bugs "hiccups" by the way, if this was a Microsoft product everyone would be screaming and asking for someone's head just saying. This is the list I have found so far from doing a Google search.

1. Battery drain
2. iMessage failing
3. Apps log you out
4. Lock screen bypass (Security Flaws)
5. Gyroscope not calibrated / Sensors Incorrectly Calibrated (Might be more hardware than software iPhone 5c & 5s)
6. Apple Maps still messed up
7. Apple Music Player does not keep track of last song played after being closed
8. Apple Audiobooks does not use chapter information any longer (Books are now one big audio file)
9. Multitasking issues
10. Many users with visual impairments or motion sensitivity feel sick using iOS Vista (I don't think this is a real issue it can be turned off but people are still complaining about it)
11. UI Changes: toolbar tint, problems with new full-screen navigation, new home screen icon sizes; no <title> usage on iPhone; possible conflicts with new gestures.
12. HTML5 markup: video tracks, <progress>, REMOVED support for input type=datetime
13. HTML5 APIs: Page Visibility, AirPlay API, canvas enhancements, REMOVED support for Shared Workers, Web Speech Synthesis API, unprefixed Web Audio and Animation Timing, Mutation Observer and other minor additions.
14. BIG PROBLEM with WebSQL using more than 5Mb
15. CSS: Regions, Sticky position, FlexBox, ClipPath, unprefixed Transitions and other enhancements
16. Home Screen webapps: SEVERAL SEVERE PROBLEMS (for example, no alert support!)
17. Native webapps: Web View Pagination, JavaScript runtime for native apps and video playing new abilities
18. iOS 7 car integration problems (I would suggest that you do a hard reset of your iPhone, once the phone turns back on you should be able to connect to the stereo, no matter what make it is)
19. Improperly sized wallpapers and no apparent way to fix them
20. Push Notifications tied to the Apple store not working and major security risk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is a list of some of the problems with Apple's iOS Vista. (7) Apple is calling these bugs "hiccups" by the way, if this was a Microsoft product everyone would be screaming and asking for someone's head just saying. This is the list I have found so far from doing a Google search.

1. Battery drain
2. iMessage failing
3. Apps log you out
4. Lock screen bypass (Security Flaws)
5. Gyroscope not calibrated / Sensors Incorrectly Calibrated (Might be more hardware than software iPhone 5c & 5s)
6. Apple Maps still messed up
7. Apple Music Player does not keep track of last song played after being closed
8. Apple Audiobooks does not use chapter information any longer (Books are now one big audio file)
9. Multitasking issues
10. Many users with visual impairments or motion sensitivity feel sick using iOS Vista (I don't think this is a real issue it can be turned off but people are still complaining about it)
11. UI Changes: toolbar tint, problems with new full-screen navigation, new home screen icon sizes; no usage on iPhone; possible conflicts with new gestures.
12. HTML5 markup: video tracks, , REMOVED support for input type=datetime
13. HTML5 APIs: Page Visibility, AirPlay API, canvas enhancements, REMOVED support for Shared Workers, Web Speech Synthesis API, unprefixed Web Audio and Animation Timing, Mutation Observer and other minor additions.
14. BIG PROBLEM with WebSQL using more than 5Mb
15. CSS: Regions, Sticky position, FlexBox, ClipPath, unprefixed Transitions and other enhancements
16. Home Screen webapps: SEVERAL SEVERE PROBLEMS (for example, no alert support!)
17. Native webapps: Web View Pagination, JavaScript runtime for native apps and video playing new abilities
18. iOS 7 car integration problems (I would suggest that you do a hard reset of your iPhone, once the phone turns back on you should be able to connect to the stereo, no matter what make it is)
19. Improperly sized wallpapers and no apparent way to fix them
20. Push Notifications tied to the Apple store not working and major security risk.

The thread asks "what issues are "YOU" having with iOS 7? Was a Google search necessary for that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2