Go Go Gadget experienced unlockers/jailbreakers! 4S questions

Joshmannn

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,

I have an iPhone 4S that is locked to Bell Mobility in Canada that my father passed down to me. He cancelled his account with Bell and moved to a different carrier.

I have an active Telus SIM card. I have the old Bell SIM card which this phone was activated originally.

I have since jail broken the iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 modem firmware 2.0.12 using Redsn0w (if memory serves). I have installed many apps including the apps from Cydia, Installous (even though it's gone, I still have the apps), AppCake, and iTunes Store.

I may or may not want to upgrade the phone's firmware in the future.

My 1st question is: Is it possible to unlock this phone without loosing anything?

My 2nd question is: If I have to restore it, do I not loose everything including apps not purchased through the iTunes store?

My 3rd question is: If I do get a factory unlock from the original carrier, do I not have to restore the phone and loose everything that is on the phone including apps not purchased in the itunes store?

I suppose that is it for now. I have been reading and reading for days and it seems everything is a little out dated. It is very unfortunate I missed out on the SAM unlock. I am not interested in purchasing an IMEI unlock just yet (if I am going to spend money, I will invest in a factory unlock from Bell).

Any help here would be great! I look forward to any responses but please, I have my reasons for the things above and I do not want to explain myself. If you have tips or tricks that are not outdated, bring them on.

Thanks in advance!

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes yes and yes once u unlock the phone from a carrier u have to sync with itunes and you will lose jailbreak those sim card unlock methods dont work

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Joshmannn

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, my first question was, can I unlock it without loosing, to which you replied Yes.
My second question was, If I am going to have to restore it, wont I loose anything, to which you replied yes (contradicting the first answer).

I am very sure I am missing something and it sounds like it is simple but, like I said, I am missing it. I do appreciate the response. I just want to be clear on what the process is, and how much i will lose.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Greetings,

I may or may not want to upgrade the phone's firmware in the future.

My 1st question is: Is it possible to unlock this phone without loosing anything?

My 2nd question is: If I have to restore it, do I not loose everything including apps not purchased through the iTunes store?

My 3rd question is: If I do get a factory unlock from the original carrier, do I not have to restore the phone and loose everything that is on the phone including apps not purchased in the itunes store?

I suppose that is it for now. I have been reading and reading for days and it seems everything is a little out dated. It is very unfortunate I missed out on the SAM unlock. I am not interested in purchasing an IMEI unlock just yet (if I am going to spend money, I will invest in a factory unlock from Bell).

Any help here would be great! I look forward to any responses but please, I have my reasons for the things above and I do not want to explain myself. If you have tips or tricks that are not outdated, bring them on.

Thanks in advance!

#1: Yes

#2: No. Not if u sync with iTunes first.

#3: No

Joshmannn

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Thank you. I will do more research.

It looks like Bell Mobility does not unlock any phone from their stable without the phone still on an active mobility account for at least 90 days, which means, I'll have to pay $35 to activate, $15(+) a month for 90 days, then I can pay them $75 more to unlock. Bell = FAIL.

The third party options are $160+ for Bell so about equal. *shakes head* How could I pay so much for a device I do not own?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Ah. Thank you. I will do more research.

It looks like Bell Mobility does not unlock any phone from their stable without the phone still on an active mobility account for at least 90 days, which means, I'll have to pay $35 to activate, $15(+) a month for 90 days, then I can pay them $75 more to unlock. Bell = FAIL.

The third party options are $160+ for Bell so about equal. *shakes head* How could I pay so much for a device I do not own?

U can always purchase an unlock online for it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77