Reset content and settings after Jailbreak 'still boots, Cydia won't open'

Dreamliner330

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought a iPhone 5 on 6.1. I jailbroke it using evasi0n, then decided to 'erase all content and settings' to start fresh as I didn't go though the setup myself. (I didn't know it would screw anything up)

It got stuck about 75% through the restore meter. I held the power & home button and it booted up and brought me to the first boot menu.

I walked though the menu just fine and set everything up. It went to the homescreen...which had Cydia.

Cydia woudn't open (try and open then return to homescreen). So I powered down my device.

Turning it on its just stuck at the Apple Logo. Held the power & home, screen went blank and then got stuck on the Apple logo again.

When I plugged in the USB cable it went to the homescreen, which I'm at now...but Cydia still won't open.

I've never opened Cydia, the phone reboots just fine now and I tried to rejailbreak using evasi0n and it says:

ERROR: Your device appears to be using a semi-tether jailbreak. Please use the evasi0n untether package from Cydia to untether instead.

What do I do? I want to stay off 6.1.3, obviously.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
When u have a JB device u NEVER reset setting in the setting app. Your only solution may be to set up as new thru iTunes and stay on 6.1.4 till it can be JB. Sorry

sagardhanda1

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What I suggest is u go to Settings open General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings>(enter passcode if u have any)ERASE iPHONE (twice) then let it reboot and jailbreak the iphone again.
Reply if this solved ur problem cuz it did solve mine.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What I suggest is u go to Settings open General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings>(enter passcode if u have any)ERASE iPHONE (twice) then let it reboot and jailbreak the iphone again.
Reply if this solved ur problem cuz it did solve mine.

Three weeks later, their problem has been solved in one way or another.

They'll be lucky to get past the first reset. That's a bad idea for a jailbroken phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77