Auto-Brightness bug in iOS 6.1.3

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
it always looks great your first 10% used

i'd be curious where you ended up at the end of that cycle

An hour later, after reading a couple of longform articles on Instapaper I was down to 60% & it was a steady decline from there, unfortunately...

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So if u do the reset will I loose the jailbreak I have on my phone? I am running 6.1.2 and the auto rightness does not work

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
So if u do the reset will I loose the jailbreak I have on my phone? I am running 6.1.2 and the auto rightness does not work

Not by doing a hard reset no. Essentially all the hard reset does is reset/clear the processes. More like a system refresh than a restore.

EDIT- Oops, only just realised how long ago you posted. Hopefully you still need then info :cool:

Lopesh Chandekar

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am also facing the same issue
. Today I have bought iPhone From apple store . And suddenly my iPhone turns dark . After some time I gets normal . And the brightness adjustment doesn't work properly . Actually I think it happens only because of new update 6.1.3 :(

vspathak2005

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Man!!
I am facing the same problem with my iPhone 4s!!
Before the update it use to adjust the brightness but, since I updated to iOS 6.1.3 my phone doesn't adjust the brightness accordingly and remains what it is set to!!

I Hope Apple knows about this bug!!
And should provide its solution to us!!

Kempster621

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes... In fact, I'm thinking it's become DANGEROUS. While driving on the freeway, reading the map, the brightness will suddenly go to its lowest level - and I can no longer see the screen. This happens in bright light (daytime). More and more frequently... then, while hurtling down the freeway, I have to manually adjust the brightness to bring back the screen... talk about a DISTRACTION. This is WORSE than texting while driving. This bug is going to kill somebody. I've tried every trick I've read about and still, goes dim... What's up with that?? Thanks for addressing the issue.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been running iOS 6.1.3 on my 4s for months and I haven't experienced the auto brightness bug. I thought Apple would have fixed this before now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been running iOS 6.1.3 on my 4s for months and I haven't experienced the auto brightness bug. I thought Apple would have fixed this before now.

Same here. When I had my 4S, it wasn't a problem. I simply went to a dark room and slid the lever to the brightness level I preferred in the dark or low-light environments, enabled auto-brightness, VOILA! Done! When I went into brightly lit areas, the screen brightness auto-adjusted accordingly and when I went back into low-light or dark areas, it auto-adjusted back to my pre-set level. The same thing is true for my iPhone 5.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here. When I had my 4S, it wasn't a problem. I simply went to a dark room and slid the lever to the brightness level I preferred in the dark or low-light environments, enabled auto-brightness, VOILA! Done! When I went into brightly lit areas, the screen brightness auto-adjusted accordingly and when I went back into low-light or dark areas, it auto-adjusted back to my pre-set level. The same thing is true for my iPhone 5.

That's exactly what I did. You have to set the settings in a dark or dimly lit room.

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes... In fact, I'm thinking it's become DANGEROUS. While driving on the freeway, reading the map, the brightness will suddenly go to its lowest level - and I can no longer see the screen. This happens in bright light (daytime). More and more frequently... then, while hurtling down the freeway, I have to manually adjust the brightness to bring back the screen... talk about a DISTRACTION. This is WORSE than texting while driving. This bug is going to kill somebody. I've tried every trick I've read about and still, goes dim... What's up with that?? Thanks for addressing the issue.

Maybe using your phone while driving on the freeway is the distraction that will kill someone...

Seriously, buy a Navman or something.

sendalonline

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had so many issues with auto brightness that I've turned it off. Using Auxo on my jailbroken iPhone for quick manual brightess adjustments (or SB Settings) dows the job for me. Even so, sometimes, after exiting some apps, brightness drops to almost zero and have to set it again... which is weird...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2