Iphone 3GS Unlocking Question

EL2418

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I recently had my phone unlocked so that I could use it abroad. After I had done this the guy told me that I wouldn't be able to upgrade the operating system because the phone wouldn't work. I don't know what this means he did - I assume some kind of basic unlock - but it's now causing me problems as apps are being developed, even those I already have, and won't work on my phone.
I'd like to remedy this - even if it means wiping the phone and starting again - but I need to make sure that the phone will remain unlocked
Any advice?

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If it was a original att phone .. Then I would buy a factory unlock from unlock fusion then you can be on the latest OS and unlocked without being jb

The reason the guy says dont update is because once you update the software it wipes out the jailbreak and unlock

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to get feedback from people who are software unlocked with a semi-tethered jailbreak: if you reboot without redsn0w and go into vanilla iOS, do you retain ultrasn0w's unlock? If so that would be the optimal (and free) solution for EL2418's predicament.

EL2418

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your suggestion - is there any chance that unlocking this phone with a factory unlock will cause further problems?
I'm happy to pay for this as long as I don't end up with a phone that's unusable
Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your suggestion - is there any chance that unlocking this phone with a factory unlock will cause further problems?
I'm happy to pay for this as long as I don't end up with a phone that's unusable
Thanks

No you do the factory unlock and they will tell you what to do all you have to do is restore in iTunes this will update you to 6.0.1 and you will get a message saying you are unlocked directly in iTunes after that you can use any sim you want

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2