iTunes Match in Ios 6 Problem!!

Ryans80

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
There is know way that I can find to download a individual song in iTunes Match. You have to download the entire album and either delete the songs you don't wont or hit the stop download button next to each song before it downloads. Very inconvenient!!!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The only way I can think of deleting is to turn off match and then turn it on again. Though don't know for sure if this will work.....

I hope they fix these issues.....

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Another iTunes Match related item.....

This is similar to when Match first came out but I am getting a lot of the following messages when trying to fire up Genius via iTunes Match:

Try Again

This song does not have enough related songs to create a genius playlist

I know this was a problem when Match first came out. It's real weird.

- a song on one album might generate a PL but not another song on the same album
- if i am able to generate a PL, I can select another song in that Genius PL and get the same error.....

I want to toss it up to the servers are getting hammered right now, but it seems like a bug to me.....

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
ok.....so I found an easy way to delete ALL local music. It's not really "intuitive" to do it this way....and I still want it to work the way it did in 5, but.....

Settings > General > Usage > Storage > Show All Apps (only if necessary) > Music > Edit > Delete

There.....like I said.....easy...........

ryetronics

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
ok.....so I found an easy way to delete ALL local music. It's not really "intuitive" to do it this way....and I still want it to work the way it did in 5, but.....

Settings > General > Usage > Storage > Show All Apps (only if necessary) > Music > Edit > Delete

There.....like I said.....easy...........

When I get to Music in Storage, it says No Data. Itunes Match is hanging in Music with a icould loading screen on 0%...

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's weird.

Anyways, if there is issues as a result of traffic, I think they will ramp up again for a few days with the new phone out today!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Another minor inconvenience I am seeing......if I am in an area of weak reception and I drop my connection to the net, often itunes will skip to the next song once the connection is reestablished. However, this is not that big a deal to me.

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I love the iTunes match service and have used it since the day it was released here in the U.S. It was a little buggy at first, but that was to be expected. Over time, it became more stable. For music lovers like myself with libraries far larger than our iPhone capacity, it was a godsend.

But under iOS 6, the iTunes match service is severely limited. For example:

1. It appears that you can no longer delete songs from your iPhone. Under the old OS, you could delete songs and return them to only being stored on the "cloud." Now, it does not appear that you can delete songs to free up space.

2. You can no longer download single songs from an album. Under iOS 6, you have to download the entire album. Ugh.

3. The cloud icon is gone! You used to be able to easily see which songs were on your phone vs. only being in the cloud. Now, you can't tell! So, you may start playing a song, only to realize that it's stored in the cloud and now eating up precious data. This is a huge limitation that, IMO, takes away power from the user to manage data usage (yes, I know you can restrict downloads to only over WiFi, but still).

Anyway, some coverage of this issue would be great. I am hoping that if Apple gets enough pressure from users, it will push out an update that restores iTunes match to it's functionality under the previous iOS. I love my iPhone 5, but having iTunes Match limited in this manner is a huge setback.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Let's be clear....The way they did things before worked well, and the way things are done now kinda sucks. But there are (temp) workarounds for some of what you are saying....it's not all black and white.....My comments are added to your quote in Bold.......

I love the iTunes match service and have used it since the day it was released here in the U.S. It was a little buggy at first, but that was to be expected. Over time, it became more stable. For music lovers like myself with libraries far larger than our iPhone capacity, it was a godsend.

But under iOS 6, the iTunes match service is severely limited. For example:

1. It appears that you can no longer delete songs from your iPhone. Under the old OS, you could delete songs and return them to only being stored on the "cloud." Now, it does not appear that you can delete songs to free up space. You can delete all local music. Just not easily. Please see posts above. You can do it from settings, and you should be able to do it by turning Match off then on. Not simple and easy, as it was before, but it can be done.

2. You can no longer download single songs from an album. Under iOS 6, you have to download the entire album. Ugh.
The way you could do it before was nice and easy. I agree. You can do it now, but it is not easy. You can hit the cloud button to DL an album and then quickly hit the "stop" button on the songs you don't want. Not the way I want it done, but it does work.....

3. The cloud icon is gone! You used to be able to easily see which songs were on your phone vs. only being in the cloud. Now, you can't tell! So, you may start playing a song, only to realize that it's stored in the cloud and now eating up precious data. This is a huge limitation that, IMO, takes away power from the user to manage data usage (yes, I know you can restrict downloads to only over WiFi, but still).

Anyway, some coverage of this issue would be great. I am hoping that if Apple gets enough pressure from users, it will push out an update that restores iTunes match to it's functionality under the previous iOS. I love my iPhone 5, but having iTunes Match limited in this manner is a huge setback.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2