Apple Podcast app and ios 6 ??

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering if Podcasts is working for other people using ios 6, mine wont allow to search so I haven't been able to subscribe to my regular podcasts, I can browse the catalog just fine but the search option shows nothing when I type something..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm hearing/reading that there are some compatibility issues with iOS 6, which isn't available to the general iOS population yet... iOS 6 is a developer beta, don't you know. :rolleyes::eek:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm hearing/reading that there are some compatibility issues with iOS 6, which isn't available to the general iOS population yet... iOS 6 is a developer beta, don't you know. :rolleyes::eek:

I've heard the same and agree with beta part. These apps are not coded for iOS 6.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Where in my post did I say I wasn't aware ios 6 is a developer beta??
How did you come up with the idea I wasn't a developer or testing software for one??
This is an " ios 6" forum, what did expect to find here??.
I was just bringing this issue up to see if it was only me or a general issue with podcasts and ios 6... I wasn't whining about it...: rolleyes !!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've heard the same and agree with beta part. These apps are not coded for iOS 6.

isn't my post the same thing as the ones we all read in the " post your ios 6 bugs" ?? .. I just decided to make a new thread since it's a new app.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Where in my post did I say I wasn't aware ios 6 is a developer beta??
How did you come up with the idea I wasn't a developer or testing software for one??
This is an " ios 6" forum, what did expect to find here??.
I was just bringing this issue up to see if it was only me or a general issue with podcasts and ios 6... I wasn't whining about it...: rolleyes !!

Dial it down a bit. I never accused you of anything. My point is simply this: iOS 6 is beta software... and as such, stuff released by Apple for the masses may not work with beta releases of future versions of iOS. No need getting your knickers in a knot.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Dial it down a bit. I never accused you of anything. My point is simply this: iOS 6 is beta software... and as such, stuff released by Apple for the masses may not work with beta releases of future versions of iOS. No need getting your knickers in a knot.

I'm WELL AWARE this is a beta software but you seem to imply that I was whining about it when in fact i just wanted to bring the issue up, again, this is an ios6 forum..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm WELL AWARE this is a beta software but you seem to imply that I was whining about it when in fact i just wanted to bring the issue up, again, this is an ios6 forum..

Wow. Yes, iOS6 is beta. Yeah, this is the iOS6 forum. The original question is a valid one.

Chill-street is two way traffic...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too was having minor issues with this app and iOS 6 (beta) between this and some other apps i use not being supported, yet, i chose to go back to 5.1.1 (for now)

i am having fun playing around with this beta but when the newness wears off the little things can tend to frustrate. but hey, that's why it is beta

and "technically" couldn't these developers wait until October, or whenever iOS 6 goes live, if they wanted? that's a long time from now

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

quote of the day! :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok question already answered. Yes there are compatiblilty issues with this app and iOS 6. Lets move along now.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i too was having minor issues with this app and iOS 6 (beta) between this and some other apps i use not being supported, yet, i chose to go back to 5.1.1 (for now)

i am having fun playing around with this beta but when the newness wears off the little things can tend to frustrate. but hey, that's why it is beta

and "technically" couldn't these developers wait until October, or whenever iOS 6 goes live, if they wanted? that's a long time from now

This beta has been the more stable ever, I haven't noticed any bugs or crashes, this seems more like a GM...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This beta has been the more stable ever, I haven't noticed any bugs or crashes, this seems more like a GM...

i would not go that far but it is pretty good

Developers have their work to do now and they have a lot of time to do it

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm running ios6 beta 2 and the podcast app works fine. No crashing to note. Loaded with casts. Streaming and downloading both working. AirPlay and Bluetooth streaming also working flawlessly.

Really happy with it. Well apart from sync across devices and notifications when new casts are available.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77