help please!

cicciopuccio

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I am really confused.

I had a problem with my Iphone 3gs(MC131T) and when I took it to a shop the guy jailbroke it to an old version(4.1 (8B117). Now a lot of my app don't work anymore .plus he didn't tell me I was gonna lose all my conctact...

anyway does anydody knows whats the right procedure I should use to update my jailbroke Iphone ?

thanks in advance

cicciopuccio

May 29, 2012
Visit site
so , what you re saying is that if I update from Itunes the last version avaiable for my iphone then I will be able to unlock it using this absinthe softwere?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
so , what you re saying is that if I update from Itunes the last version avaiable for my iphone then I will be able to unlock it using this absinthe softwere?

Itunes will install the most up to date software for your device which will be 5.1.1. The to unlock your phone, you have to jailbreak it first. So that you can access the unlocking software. Here is what you need to do.

BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTION. I NEED ANOTHER MEMBER TO CONFIRM IF WE NEED TO PRESERVE YOUR BASEBAND OR INSTALL IPAD BASEBAND OR NON AT ALL. IF WE NEED TO DO THIS, THEN DON'T FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MOST OF THEM WILL CHANGE PENDING THE ANSWER.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS RE ABOVE?

1. Update to the latest version of IOS (5.1.1) via iTunes.
2. Download Absinthe 2.0.1 from here: http://greenpois0n.com/
3. Extract it as it will be zipped up, then run the file that un zipped. That file will then bring up a black screen with white writing. This is main program extracting all it files.
4. Run the new Absinthe 2.0.1 exe file, this will launch the jailbreak program.
5. Follow the instructions which are very simple, then you must wait until its finished. Do NOT unplug your device until its finished.
6. Once done, you need to locate Cydia that has just been installed via Absinthe. Cydia is like an app store.
7. Go into manage, then sources, press edit and then add. Now type repo.iparelhos.com.
8. Press add source. Now go onto that source we just added and install ultrasn0w fixer for 5.1.1.
9. Then go into the other repo called DEV TEAM, repo666 ultra sn0w.
10. Then in here you will find ultrasn0w. Install and reboot your phone.
11. Now your phone will be unlocked.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cicciopuccio

May 29, 2012
Visit site
my phone is already jailbroke, it will allow me anyway to download and install the last version from itunes?

Thanks very much to both of you guys!
I' ll wait to somebody to confirm I can follow 1982ollie instructions

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Peps,

Need a little help on this one.

I'm trying to help this member upgrade his 3GS from 4.1 to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak, then unlock with ultrasn0w. What we need to know is:

1. Do we have to preserve his baseband? or
2. Do we need to install the iPad baseband via Redsn0w (therefore jailbreaking via Redsn0w tethered and then installing the Rocky Racoon Un-Tether, which means we need to use the 206 IOS 5.1.1 version, which makes this a little trickier for 'Cicciopuccio'
3. Can we just follow the instuctions in post 2 from me.

Many Thanks

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do NOT update without preserving baseband if you are not using the official carrier. To be honest, I would advise the OP to have someone else do this if possible, as it sounds like s/he isn't familiar with the process. One mistake and your phone could be useless.

OP: Do you need an unlock, or just a jailbreak? They are two different things.

Last edited:

cicciopuccio

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Massie: you' re right! I'm not a biggest expert!
infact I thought that to unlock a phone I have to jailbrake it,that is actually what I have done more then 1 year ago ( a guy from a shop did it for me) and everything was working perfectly until I woke up 1 morning and the Iphone was stuck in some safety mode. Then i took it to this other guy that stuffed it because jailbroke it to this old version.

Conclusion: I dont know if i have to jailbrake it or only unlock it but if I get all the instruction to follow step by step I would try .

many thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What baseband are you ?

If it is unlocked now you need to preserve
I did this last night on a German carrier 3GS from 3.1.3 to 5.1.1 ya wow lol

I used redsnow made custom Ipsw
Put phone in pwn dfu then shift restore in iTunes to 5.1.1 custom
Keeping my baseband

I had planned to use absinthe to JB but hit a wall when I forgot about the activation screen ..
So used redsnow JB teathered then used rock racoon to unteather then did ultrasnow fix and then ultrasnow

Phone is working on USA tmobile now

Just trying to figure out how to get iMessage to activate and got to get correct apn settings for mms

But other than that .. That's what needs to be done

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cicciopuccio

May 29, 2012
Visit site
thanks Peligro anyway !

it just sounds really complicate to me. I called a shop and they told me that in 20 min they will fix it . I wonder how are they gonna do all those procedure in 20 minutes.

is there a easiest way or they are gonna **** up my iphone? :confused:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It don't take long if you already have all the files and programs downloaded and if you have done it before .. I assume they do so I wouldn't see why not .. I would just make yourself very clear about preserving the baseband because if they mess that up there is so undoing it

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2