Trouble downgrading

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Long story short:
Im jail broken on 5.0.1, and absinthe 2 drops so I update via iTunes, restore as new phone, jailbreak my 5.1.1 and THINK I have major battery issues, so I try to downgrade using redsnow, I fetch my blobs from cydia, I point to apples 5.0.1 firmware, I stitch together a custom "signed" firmware. I update my host file to include cydia, I "right click + restore" in iTunes, I select the custom firmware and I end up with error 1604....
Anybody see a step that I mised or can point me to where I went wrong???
Also I'm pretty sure I was just being paranoid about battery.... I'm happy with 5.1.1, I just don't like not being able to do what I want to do!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cufvgd

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What phone do you have? Because if it's an iPhone 4S or another A5 device, that is not how you downgrade.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
In the details it says CDMA iPhone 4 so I'm going off that assumption. You say you think you were paranoid with 5.1.1 and liked it so are you asking how to downgrade or have you screwed up the phone and would be happy with either firmware?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm on CDMA ip4, because the downgrade failed, I'm still jail broken on 5.1.1
I think my battery issues were because I had forgotten to setup my wifi at worn and was streaming my pandora via data....
I went through a full battery in 4 hours, but it was constant streaming...
So, CDMA a4 chip, using red snow to "stitch" a custom firmware...
Perhaps I should try making a firmware using tiny umbrella or I faith
I have a custom signed 5.0 from I faith... But apparently I don't really know how to downgrade

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u4g3z4

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya I think you have to go to dfu before u can use custom Ipsw or iTunes won't accept it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a difference in dfu and pwned dfu? Because I'm pretty sure the very first time I tried I was in dfu because I fetched my blobs from cydia...
However, I think at that point I had my hosts still pointing to apple and not cydia... So I may have had 4/5 things right then, then when I updated my hosts, I wasn't in a dfu state... So again I had 4/5 things right...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning to restore to 5.0.1...
Are my hosts supposed to be pointing to cydia? Or apple? Or does it not matter??

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
...Im jail broken on 5.0.1, and absinthe 2 drops so I update via iTunes, restore as new phone, jailbreak my 5.1.1 and THINK I have major battery issues, so I try to downgrade using redsnow, I fetch my blobs from cydia, I point to apples 5.0.1 firmware, I stitch together a custom "signed" firmware. I update my host file to include cydia, I "right click + restore" in iTunes, I select the custom firmware and I end up with error 1604.... I just don't like not being able to do what I want to do!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cufvgd

I'm glad you know what you're doing cuz I got confused on what you were trying to do...:eek:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok, so now im thoroughly stumped,
heres what i did,
1. Downloaded official apple 5.0.1
2. Used latest redsnow to build a stitched firmware
3 used redsnow to put phone into powned dfu
4. had hosts pointed to cydia
5 used shift restore in tunes and select special atitcehd firmare.

the phone appeared to be restoring, the progress bar on the iphone reached at least 70% then it just failed with errror code 1, i repeated the process 3 times hoping for a different out come.

then i tried using ifaith,
1 fetched my blob
2 downloaded a new 5.0.1 firmware
3 used ireb to get into pwned dfu
4 used shift restore in itunes.

this time the status bar on the phone made it all the way to the end but i ended up with error code 37.

im totally stumped now!!
who has successfully downgraded to 5.0.1???

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bumpity, bump bump mcbump
It's me all alone in here now, so I'm saddy sad mcsad

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
somebody needs to get in here and solve my problems!!!
WAAAH WAAAAH WAAAH!!!
no but really, anybody have any ideas or suggestions for me?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally I thought I was having battery issues on 5.1.1 which im kinda leaning towards again... So I wanted to go back to 5.0.1, but couldn't, now it's on principal! I need to be able to do what I want to do

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done it with having to deal with stitching and all that mess ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here's an update because I know you were all waiting anxiously...
I haven't done anything since 2 weeks ago, but had time yesterday... So I use red snow to put my phone into pwned dfu, I start tiny umbrella, select TSS server, i start itunes, hold shift + restore, I used the 5.0.1 firmware "signed" (using ifaith method), and process starts... And fails after about 10 minutes, but it failed differently this time... Now my phone reboots, shows apple logo, then shows progress bar for a brief second, then reboots and this process repeats!!!! So I try to kick it out of recovery with tiny umbrella but that doesn't work so googling led me to a recovery fix within redsnow, so I wait for my phone to reboot on its own, and put it into dfu mode (power for three seconds, home and power for ten seconds, home for 15ish seconds) and then redsnow does it's thing, looks a little like a jailbreak with ram disk uploading and lots of text in iPhone, then a reboot and *POOF stock apple 5.0.1!!! Great success!!!!
So long story short, I downgraded finally!!!!
I'm going to make a (NOT) needed tutorial and I'll post method, then post link to it here, just in case anyone else wants to downgrade!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2