Battery full at less than 100

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this happen quite often
When I charge my phone. ESP overnight.
In the morn the phone will be at 95% or 92% but showing the charged fully plug symbol
Instead of the lightning bolt.
If I unplug use for ten min and plug again it charges up to 100
Using i4 5.0.1

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this happen quite often
When I charge my phone. ESP overnight.
In the morn the phone will be at 95% or 92% but showing the charged fully plug symbol
Instead of the lightning bolt.
If I unplug use for ten min and plug again it charges up to 100
Using i4 5.0.1

This has been discussed many times on this forum the phone stops charging once you reach 100 percent and then doesn't recharge once the battery depletes

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen a few times when i first got my iPhone 4S and it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. It makes sense that it charges the phone up to full and then stops charging. Likely when you come to your phone in the morning and it's showing 100% that is because it hasn't used enough power since the charging cycle stopped. Or the alternative, that the charging cycle stopped a few hours before and some battery has been depleted showing 98%.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Mine does this sometimes. I can do a reset first thing and it immediately goes to 100%. Weird but it still works all day so big deal in my book.

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen without wifi. I really run into this problem every morning. I have just came to peace with it. At this point at 92% it still gets me through the day.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Usually when I keep my phone charging over night. Wifi on and everything, I wake up to a fully charged phone. It usually does have that plug sign and it does stay at a 100% till I unplug it and use it. Then it drops down after a couple of minutes of use.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This generally only happen if you leave wifi turned on

I leave wifi turned on all the time never turn it off and this doesn't happen to me.. also wifi automatically turns off when the screen locks its a feature is IOS to save battery life.. just look when you unlock your screen you will notice it says 3g before connecting to wi-fi

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I leave wifi turned on all the time never turn it off and this doesn't happen to me.. also wifi automatically turns off when the screen locks its a feature is IOS to save battery life.. just look when you unlock your screen you will notice it says 3g before connecting to wi-fi

For me, I noticed that on my phone, my wifi symbol always stayed on. I mean unless it switched faster than the eye could see. These are my observations.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For me, I noticed that on my phone, my wifi symbol always stayed on. I mean unless it switched faster than the eye could see. These are my observations.

Your wifi should shut off after your phone is asleep for a certain amount of time. I notice a lot when I unlock my phone when I'm on wifi that it says 3G for a few seconds before it connects to WIFI.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
A variation of this happens to me sometimes (used to happen lot often before but not so much now)...it would be at 100% but when I unplug it it drops to 99% immediately. then when I plug it back in it stays at 99% saying it's fully charged. So weird. Oddly, it only happened when I was charging at a hotel I was staying at.......:confused:;):p

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Your wifi should shut off after your phone is asleep for a certain amount of time. I notice a lot when I unlock my phone when I'm on wifi that it says 3G for a few seconds before it connects to WIFI.

On my iPhone 4, it would always stay connected. Now on my 4S, it shows the 3G, before connecting to my Wi-Fi. It switches quick...really quick.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This weekend I went out of town and I charged my phone in my hotel room, I didn't use it or touched it. I left it alone. Finally, I decided to put it on Airplane Mode, since I just wanted to let it charge quicker. I take a shower and come back it says 100%, so I disconnect and turn off Airplane mode. Disconnect and it shows 98%.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
This weekend I went out of town and I charged my phone in my hotel room, I didn't use it or touched it. I left it alone. Finally, I decided to put it on Airplane Mode, since I just wanted to let it charge quicker. I take a shower and come back it says 100%, so I disconnect and turn off Airplane mode. Disconnect and it shows 98%.

That's when I do a hard reset and plug it back in and usually within 10 mins or so its back to 100% and then I unplug it.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
This has only happened to me once (I've only let it charge overnight once) and I woke up and the battery was 92%. So I unplugged it and then plugged it back in to charge to 100%.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
On the 4 it was the same way.. Wifi would shut off while asleep ..

this makes sense. I 'knew' this was the case, but at the same time in the back of my mind at the end of the day turning in for the night, setting my ph on vibe and putting it on 'sleep' mode while on wifi -- sometimes in the morning i'd wake up to loose 6% overnight, or as little as 1% and for the life of me i'd be puzzled trying to figure out why it would fluctuate like that !! LOL

Now, depending on the weather here which affects my battery usage, it all comes together now :p LOL

sometimes the light is on upstairs, but that doesnt always mean someones home:p Lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2