Will we see an untethered jailbreak?

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
We will not see a untethered JB. Does anyone in the "know" have any info. I keep going back and fourth about tethered JB. I just hate to think if I'm away from my pc and my phone was to shut off for some reason, I doubt it will but you never know.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It will come. Have faith in the Dev team. I'm pretty sure they already have one, they're just refining it prior to release.

Patience is a virtue. This happens with every single release. It takes time. Hell, even Android is rarely rooted on day 1.

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
^ why dont you just wait... what are you gonna do if it never comes out? are you going to switch to andriod?

freaking retarded....

Wow! Easy Pac, I was just saying that I jailbreak then I get all OCD about if it shuts off somewhere I won't be able to use my phone. I was just making a statement, wasn't bashing the IOS or the Dev's! Didn't know I was making a "retarded" question. Thanks for clearing that up.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think the frustration level is definitely high. what confuses me is that fact that we are given limited info. my opinion is they should at least give us progress reports along the way. not necessarily coding cracks, like Comex did, but just like a "hey guys we're about 65% done with it..." something to calm the crazies down for a while, and they are out there, that's for sure!

regarding your OCD with a tethered JB, i am right there with you! i go back & forth from tethered to stock all the time :) i really enjoy being jailbroken, but it is always in the back of my mind.. i do have to say, so far, i have yet to experience a random reboot during 5.0 and any in the past. still does not mean it will not happen 30 minutes from now! the Semi-Tether looks too wonky and not so sure it will ever be good enough, for me

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind explaining, how does the semi-tethered JB appear wonky to you?

All it does is allow you to reboot your device, which it does perfectly every time.

To me, the tethered JB without the ability to reboot on the road seems pretty wonky. Just hoping to see what you see.

Sent from my Jailed iTouch 4G using Tapatalk

pacdamac9

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Why should they give us updates or any kind of progress report??? They dont get paid to do this, Im not a "hacker" but Im sure they do all this for sport, to see if they can crack Apple yet again. They dont owe anything to anyone. We should be thankful that its released to the masses for free. And if you dont like it being tethered or semi-tethered... dont do it!

If they gave out any kind of indication how close they were, it could compromise the whole jailbreak process. Do you really think Apple doesnt monitor the message boards. They probably have people trolling sites to find out how theyre beloved softaware is being destroyed.

All Im saying is... people ask all sorts of questions when the answers are already out there. Just search for it.. its not too difficult, if you can google, you can search the boards.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
of course they do not owe us, or anyone, anything. please do not confuse me with the others who complain and have high expectations. i can go on and say that i do donate with every Untethered jailbreak that i personally use. i think it is safe to assume that most jailbreakers do not

what is your status, pacdamac9? jailbroken, stock?

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All I was trying to do is maybe somebody had an inside scoop. I couldn't fathom what the Dev's do for the JB community, my hats off to them. And I try to support by paying for apps in cydia. Maybe this was taken out of context. I Believe we all appreciate the Dev's that take their own time to us! I thought this was a discussion forum? Why you bashing people PAC.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Why should they give us updates or any kind of progress report??? They dont get paid to do this, Im not a "hacker" but Im sure they do all this for sport, to see if they can crack Apple yet again. They dont owe anything to anyone. We should be thankful that its released to the masses for free. And if you dont like it being tethered or semi-tethered... dont do it!

If they gave out any kind of indication how close they were, it could compromise the whole jailbreak process. Do you really think Apple doesnt monitor the message boards. They probably have people trolling sites to find out how theyre beloved softaware is being destroyed.

All Im saying is... people ask all sorts of questions when the answers are already out there. Just search for it.. its not too difficult, if you can google, you can search the boards.

Sure we should be happy that they release it to the masses for free. But please tell me that YOU aren't cheap enough to not donate to them when the time comes.....I doubt they have people trolling sites lol that's just absurd....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone treats JB like it's some hobby, it's just a fun time and all for fun. Check out the stats on Rock much less Cydia and see how many people use it, pay for JB apps, how much the devs and hosts make from it. They do give updates sometimes on their social networks but it is very cryptic messages. Do they owe it to us, no not if they provide us the tools for free. Would it be nice if they would let us know sure. I would love to know how close it is, but if not I either use tethered JB or stock*shudders*. The point is the device is always usable. There will be an untether there is no way all the JB apps are suddenly going to pack up and go home.

Tethered/Stock I'll say it again if you really need your phone to work 24-7 then don't do a tethered JB. I have mine tethered since 4.3.5 and again since iOS 5 and I've only rebooted 3 times and that was because I wanted to reboot the phone. However I've seen my wife's phone spontaneosly reboot on stock 5 so it can happen. The chance of it happening is why I would say stay away.