Jailbrake questions - Appstore still works?

Gravesent

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Due to the fact that my iPhone 4 did not get Siri I'm now considering jailbraking my device, especially since Siri has now been made to work on iPhone 4 (would post a link to the article but my post count is too low) and it's only a matter of time before someone publishes the steps needed to make it work.

I know that IOS 5 can be jailbroken but my questions are:

- if I jailbrake, what will happen to the Appstore and my purchased apps? I would say nothing since jaibrake is just getting root access to your device but I want to make sure :) I bought quite a few apps

- what is the best jailbrake resource site? I want to do this right

- if I at some point decide to remove the jailbrake, do I have to hard reset my device? do I have to hard reset to get the jailbrake in the first place?

- what will happen to iCloud? Will it still work?

I read the FAQ and this is what I couldn't find out :) thanks for the help!

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Now, did anyone manage to find instructions for getting Siri to work on the iPhone 4?

Check the third blog down on TiPb's home page. I'd throw a link up if I could, but my <10 post count restricts me from doing so.

No actual instructions are available, but it looks like that'll come soon.

Last edited:

brittag

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
iClarified, RedmondPie, and iDownloadBlog all have good tutorials.

You don't have to restore your device in order to jailbreak it, but in order to remove the jailbreak you have to restore it. You can use the iTunes sync/backup feature to make this process easier.

Siri on the iPhone 4 is not available yet. You can follow @chpwn on Twitter for news.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2