Any pics of the LED notification light?

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
any info on the camera flash for notifications? What options do you have? Just ordered my 4s, coming from blackberry, so I will want some notification.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you can't take a picture if it doesn't exist. NO LED on iPhone 4S. (Use the camera flash on the back)

I think they meant the CAMERAS LED light being able to be used as a notification alert.

And that is very possible with iOS5, seeing as it's a new feature and all

any info on the camera flash for notifications? What options do you have? Just ordered my 4s, coming from blackberry, so I will want some notification.

The info is; well........its there.

Settings---->Accessibility--->LED Flash for Alerts (its a on off switch)

Flashes whenever you'd normally get an alert

iOS5 has a whole bunch of new accessibility options.

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks- I dont have my phone yet, so I cant check it out until it comes. I was hoping to have different alerts for email vs text message, but it sounds like it will all be together

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
thanks- I dont have my phone yet, so I cant check it out until it comes. I was hoping to have different alerts for email vs text message, but it sounds like it will all be together

Different colored LED notifications like with Android devices?

Or different sounds with the different alerts? 'cause that is doable with iOS5 now

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yep, you can't take a picture if it doesn't exist. NO LED on iPhone 4S. (Use the camera flash on the back)

funny. too bad dmsmith3427 or whatever his name was got banned. he was so convinced there would be one

oh well, somewhere he is crying like a baby i'm sure :D

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
To me it seems kind of cheesy for apple to use the camera flash has a notification light. Knowing how apple usually design things I'm surprised they didn't actually include a notification light on the 4s. Hopefully, it'll be on the iPhone 5.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
To me it seems kind of cheesy for apple to use the camera flash has a notification light. Knowing how apple usually design things I'm surprised they didn't actually include a notification light on the 4s. Hopefully, it'll be on the iPhone 5.

This isn't a gimmick, its for people with disabilities to make it easier for them to use their phone.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a gimmick, its for people with disabilities to make it easier for them to use their phone.

I didn't think it was a gimmick. Just looking at how apple designs things I'd figure they would put a dedicated notification light instead of using the camera flash. But now that you mentioned it being for people with disabilities a camera flash is a hell of a lot brighter than a notification light!!!

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree that using the camera light is not very "apple." There should be some sort of notification on the front.

I am very happy to hear that I can use different sounds for different alerts

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the LED light for text notifications on my Iphone4. You can select between 5 vibration patterns. You can make your own custom vibration to go along with it. The LED light blinks for calls and texts when on. But you can't see it unless you have your phone face down, otherwise its pointless. But a great feature at night when phone is on silent watching a movie or something.

Josh

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77