Setup as new Phone, Appdata save

Stubbs69

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've JB my iPhone 4 everytime there is a new update. Each time I upgrade my phones software I do it from a backup of my phone data. I've heard you should do it and select setup as new phone to avoid bugs. I'm wanting to do a clean fresh setup as new iPhone but am worried about my Game saves. I have AppBackup and AptBackup from Cydia, but my question is if i back all these apps up, then set up as a new phone, will it erase my game saves? Should I just copy all the app data with iPhone Explorer? whats the easiest quickest way to do a fresh new iPhone but not be forced to redo all the games i've gotten so far in?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about game apps that you've downloaded from the app store? If so, back them up in iTunes, and once you have set your iPhone up as new, you can always sync with iTunes and transfer your games back.

Stubbs69

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I know I can sync the games back, I just am unaware if i'll have all my game save data with it when i put them back on the phone. But yes its games from iTunes.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know I can sync the games back, I just am unaware if i'll have all my game save data with it when i put them back on the phone. But yes its games from iTunes.

If you restore as new, yes, sometimes saved game scores a such can get deleted. The information in this link should help you to prevent this from happening: How To Backup Your iPhone Game Saves Without Jailbreaking
This method is for jailbreaking: Tutorial: How To Save Your iOS Game Progress Before A Restore [Jailbreak Only]

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbs69

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl