IOS 5 install on a windows machine

atarobert97

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you install IOS 5 on a Windows based machine yet with Apple dev since my grandad is getting it and we are going to share account I have Windows 64 bit and he has a Mac will I still be able to get it to work and install on my Ipad ?

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had no problems installing iOS 5 on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. I did so on my iPod Touch 4G, iPad 2, and ATV2. Make sure you've downloaded iTunes 10.5. It's not necessary, but you may also want to download iCloud Manager.

kbcherry

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
You can do it from your Windows machine in the Provisioning Portal or whatever on the developers website. But make sure you add it before you start the update for your device.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to YouTube and look up "How To Add UDID" and watch someone else do this before you mess up your iPad.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Grandad has bought Apple dev membership.

I'll go against the grain & offer some encouraging advice. First off, if u plan to downgrade. Save ur shsh's with tinyumbrella. Make sure to uncheck "set hosts to Cydia" & "request shsh from Cydia. They're the 2nd & 3rd boxes in TU's advanced tab. If u can't do that then i'd advise u "put the iDevice down, step away from the computer & keep ur hand's where i can see them!" Lol, just kidding, I watch COPS way too much! If that makes sense or u can do it then proceed, if u have any computer sense it's easy.

Step #1. Tell Great grandpa, thanks for the credit card # & to move outta the way! Lol, nicely.

Step #2. Log into dev site & download the appropriate iOS5 firmware file & appropriate iTunes 10.5 for ur scenario. While ur there register ur UDID in the iOS provisioning portal, device section.

Step#3. If u don't have 7-zip or something similar, download it free.

Step #4 Install iTunes 10.5.

Step #5 Unzip the .dng firmware file & then from it, unzip the 2.hfs file. Remember where that .ipsw file is for next step.

Step #6 Backup ur device. Then hold shift when u click restore & choose that .ipsw file. Choose set up as new or from backup, wtvr i've done both with no problems.

Step #7 Have fun, enjoy iOS5 & develop a cool app/tweak then name it after me! Go for it & at the same, do ur part to change the world kid!!!

PEACE, OUT!!!

Last edited:

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's why there is google. Just make sure you install iTunes 10.5 first, activate your UDID (click your Serial Number and your UDID number will show up, then go to Edit then Copy it), and back up your iOS devices and restore your device with iOS 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77