Solution for the push problems?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 3GS which is jailbroken and unlocked. I got it that way from a trade lately and for some reason I simply can't get push notifications. The weather won't update automagically, nothing. I get email from my Exchange account but that's it.

Any recommendations?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The phone was probably hackivate which usually cause push issue. Did you google and tried all the push tweaks? The other and best option is to get you hands on the official carrier sim, even none active one will work. Afterward, put the sim in the phone. Create a custom firmware file, with options that don't change the baseaband and not activate the phone, with Pwnagetool(Mac) or Snowbreeze(Windows). Use Redsnow (Windows) or Pwnagetool to put the phone into a special DFU mode, restore with the custom firmware through iTunes and activate the phone. Then, install Ultrasnow if you need to unlock the phone.

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I just used redsnow with no hacktivate.. I'm not getting push notifications... Any ideas? This is extremly annoying..

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Did you restore the phone before using Redsnow? Afterward, was the phone in emergency call mode and you connect it to iTunes to activate the phone?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes, thanks, Push Doctor worked for me. I was "pushed" so to speak, last week about that one app. Thanks! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77