iOS 4.3.3/4.2.8 jailbreak with sn0wbreez 2.7 Step by step Guide

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I jailbroke my VZW iPhone4 with 4.2.8 correctly. Now every time I go into iTunes it says there is an update from my carrier do I want to download and update the iPhone.

Can anyone tell me if they too are getting this? If you are or did, if you do the update, is the phone still JB?

kemiyo

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Issues with Sn0wbreeze 2.7 Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.8

First, thank you for the detailed instructions on how to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 with Sn0wbreeze 2.7. The Jailbreak itself went perfectly, but the Jailbreak seems to have some issues.

I first Jailbroke my Verizon iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.6 using the Greenpois0n Jailbreak. It went flawlessly and I quick purchased MyWi, My Profiles and My3G. All three apps worked great and precisely as documented. But when I updated my phone with the Sn0wbreeze 2.7 Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.8 I found that MyWi will no longer run in infrastructure mode as a WiFi hotspot and it only allows me to use WEP security. I also found that My Profiles no longer works correctly (does not automatically switch between profiles based upon location or charging criteria), and My3G does not provide the same throughput.

If the issue was with only one app I would say the problem was the app. But in this case the issue is with every app I have.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with the Sn0wbreeze 2.7 Jailbreak?

iphonehelper

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I jailbroke my VZW iPhone4 with 4.2.8 correctly. Now every time I go into iTunes it says there is an update from my carrier do I want to download and update the iPhone.

Can anyone tell me if they too are getting this? If you are or did, if you do the update, is the phone still JB?

The main thing that you have to remember is that don't update you iphone/ipod touch through the itunes.

Reactions: mianahmad

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The main thing that you have to remember is that don't update you iphone/ipod touch through the itunes.

I am having the same message appearing in itunes. It does not state that it is an OS update, just an update for carrier settings. Should we stay away from this update as well?? It is rather annoying to have it pop up every time I plug in my phone.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I am having the same message appearing in itunes. It does not state that it is an OS update, just an update for carrier settings. Should we stay away from this update as well?? It is rather annoying to have it pop up every time I plug in my phone.

Carrier updates are ok.

Reactions: eye4ni

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Yes, you can do the carrier update but if iTunes wants you to update the iOS to a higher release and there's no JB for it, you probably want to avoid that.

trapandclay

May 13, 2011
Visit site
After 2 days of frustration and lots of 1600's, 1601's, and 1602's.........I finally read step 8 a little closer. Step 8: "Start iTunes" .......

When I "Started iTunes" or (Restarted) iTunes, AFTER, the phone was placed into DFU mode, it worked flawlessly on both of the 4.2.8 phones.

Thanks to everyone else who posted suggestions and helpful hints that got a JB rookie through the process !

Thrahras

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ipod Touch

I Jailbroke my Ipod Touch and today i was listening to Pandora Radio. It then froze, I rebooted my Ipod and it said please enter Passcode but i did not have one set because I turned the Passcode off but when I go to enter the Passcode that it used to be its incorrect. What do I do? Is there a Master code or something?It is asking for a passcode longer than the regular 4 Digit passcode.... please help

iphonehelper

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I Jailbroke my Ipod Touch and today i was listening to Pandora Radio. It then froze, I rebooted my Ipod and it said please enter Passcode but i did not have one set because I turned the Passcode off but when I go to enter the Passcode that it used to be its incorrect. What do I do? Is there a Master code or something?It is asking for a passcode longer than the regular 4 Digit passcode.... please help

In order to get rid of the forgotten code and disabled message, we must restore the device.

In this case when the iphone or itouch or similar is giving you a message that its disabled, then we have to first force the device into recovery mode, from which we can do a normal restore.

Note that this removes all the content from your player.

Basically the steps are

1. Take out the usb cable, connect it to the computer, but not to the device.

2. Turn off your device

3. While pressing and holding the home button, reconnect the usb cable to the device, when you reconnect the usb cable the phone or itouch should power on.

If you are low on battery let it charge for a while, then start from the beginning (unplug the usb from the device)

4. While still holding the home button, until you see a message about "Connect to Itunes" then let go.

5. if not already open, open itunes, you should receive a short warning about recovery mode.

6. do a normal restore from itunes, it wipes the devices and the disabled message and the forgotten code are removed.

Reactions: mianahmad

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4.2.8 using snowbreez. i downloaded everything. When i go to locate ipsw, snowbreez will now accept the file i choose. i used the zipped, unzipped, drop it here and search. im using windows 7. any ideas?

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i keep getting 1600 error HELP...

edit: now i am getting 1013 error someone with some advice please help

edit: ok I figured it out anyone who is having issues with the installer make sure that you have the most recent verison of sn0wbreeze to check just click the update before you begin.

Last edited:

ScoobyDoo27

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
After 2 days of frustration and lots of 1600's, 1601's, and 1602's.........I finally read step 8 a little closer. Step 8: "Start iTunes" .......

When I "Started iTunes" or (Restarted) iTunes, AFTER, the phone was placed into DFU mode, it worked flawlessly on both of the 4.2.8 phones.

Thanks to everyone else who posted suggestions and helpful hints that got a JB rookie through the process !

Man, I've tried that multiple times and it still gives me the 1600 error code. I've used snowbreeze to make a new ipsw file multiple times too. I've ALSO restored my phone to stock 4.2.8 and then tried jailbreaking it and I still get the error 1600. Any other suggestions?

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Man, I've tried that multiple times and it still gives me the 1600 error code. I've used snowbreeze to make a new ipsw file multiple times too. I've ALSO restored my phone to stock 4.2.8 and then tried jailbreaking it and I still get the error 1600. Any other suggestions?

went through the same thing "look up one post" make sure you have the most recent verison of sn0wbreeze then try again

trapandclay

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I did one other task prior to that and it may have something to do with the sudden success. I completely removed iTunes (had to use "add and remove programs") since I could not find an uninstall program for iTunes. Then I reinstalled iTunes 10.2.2, fresh. Maybe there are issues with parts of previous versions lurking around.

Good luck, I hope you find success, I know how frustrating it is.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just followed this, and took only about a half hour when it was all said and done. I had to use the iREB tool to put my phone in the PWN state in order to get rid of the 1600 Error.

When loading iTunes, I get the same message saying there is an update from my carrier. Basically is this the same with as rooting with an Android? If your rooted/Jailbroken don't do any updates that iTunes/Carrier will attempt to send you?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711