1bar signal after jb, call failed HELP!

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
veteran JB- tried usual tricks, need HELP!

Hi All :)
Short version- ATT iphone 4
I have JB at least 20 times on diff phones, with various jb tools- not a n00b :)
saved SHSH w/ tinyumbrella, cydia- stored "off"
iphone 4 fresh JB 4.3.2 from factory 4.3.2 using Pwnage tool.
All apps etc working fine.
After jb, signal is at 1 bar (normally good signal area), outgoing calls fail, incoming straight to VM
Reset network settings (then all settings!), re-inserted sim, rebooted phone, resynced w/ iTunes- didn't help. In settings, carrier, network, and my phone number are unknown, no way to edit. My husband can't find my phone using "find my iPhone", either.
Saw a hint that installing Ultrasn0w (don't need unlock!) would fix signal strength issue- installed, no change.
I am probably missing something very basic, even though I've done this before. Never had this problem come up, and I'm probably so frustrated I'm missing the forest for the trees! Please, someone give me an idea- I had it un-JB for a week (had to, long story) and it SUCKED! I need my phone working again! Please help me! Thanks in advance :)
*** got frustrated and am currently restoring, but I'd still like to figure out what went wrong!!!

Last edited:

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I know you said you tried ultrasn0w already, but that's the only thing I can think of. It's well know if you have the older baseband for iPhone 4 1.59.00 i think. You have to use ultrasn0w to get normal bars back. What baseband do you have?

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
my baseband is 04.10.01, trying ultrasn0w again, also see hope in a cydia bit called "carrier fix" Cross your fingers and thanks for helping!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
In settings, carrier, network, and my phone number are unknown, no way to edit. My husband can't find my phone using "find my iPhone", either.

This seems to suggest it goes deeper than something ultrasn0w or the like could fix...I'd say maybe do a fresh download of Pwnage Tool (maybe from a different source) and use that, or try using redsn0w instead.

Good luck!

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Good idea, Massie (though I got pwnage tool straight from the dev team.) My understanding is that pwnage actually incorporated redsnow- do you think just straight redsnow has a chance? I'd be surprised if dev team "screwed up" combining them- they're good, and they know what they're doing. It seems more likely I screwed up, but I honestly can't see where. I nay not be an expert, but I'm generally pretty good w/ JB issues. This is the first time in 3 years I've been stumped, and I don't like it! At this rate it'll have to wait til the weekend. It's sad. All I really need JB for is sbsettings, infinifolders, and five columns/icon dock. But not having those has *really* impacted my enjoyment of my phone :( The other option, which I *despise*, is to "start fresh" and not restore from a backup, then JB, but that would make me cry! Cross your fingers!

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Redsn0w is definitely worth a try. Even the Dev-Team recommends it, saying that Pwnage Tool is great for unlockers, but that "for everyone else, redsn0w is the easier program to use (and redsn0w runs on both Mac and Windows)." There's a walkthrough here.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

raparrott

May 5, 2011
Visit site
same problem, any success anyone?

I have the same problem, after unlock and jailbreak twice, and reloading ultrasn0w a few times, still have no luck. No recognition of SIM phone number, one bar signal and call failed, every time.
(iPhone 4, ATT, 4.3.2 and 04.10.01)
Anyone found the solution to this one please let me know.
Thanks

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
raparrot, I'm going to try a straight redsnow this afternoon, and will report. I doubt I'll bother with 4.3.3, and just use the 4.3.2.

raparrott

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you had any luck today? I am about 12 time zones ahead over here so getting to the posts is off-schedule. It's 9:20 am here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2