Trevor_Johnson

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded a couple of SMS tones (Mario SMS tones), which use to work, but now it will only play one sound, and it's not the one that I have selected. I'm using bitesms with the gvsms extension. I have resprung several times and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the tones, but it still hasn't worked. Any ideas. Thanks. :confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing these are used with Winterboard--make sure they are checked and at the top of your theme list. Assuming you know that, have you tried deleting your current custom settings in bite? You might need to go in there and make some changes for the new tone to take over, since bite now allows use of custom ringtones.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My custom SMS tones aren't installed through Winterboard, I access them through the iPhone's Settings --> Sounds. I created them from music/sounds that I have or downloaded.

What I did is set my custom SMS sound in both biteSMS and Settings --> Sounds. BiteSMS indicated that it can't always override the system settings, so I made sure that I have the same custom SMS sound set in both places. That took care of any problems that I had with my SMS sounds.

I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost