Please help? So over my head!!!

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have jail broken my phone and have added a lock screen as well as a theme. Added the weather change so the default weather icon changes and have added the weather on the top bar as well as adding 4g to it.

I have seen everyone's amazing themes and icon changes and am not sure if it's an easy download from cydia or if I have to literally make changes via programming language, etc. I have never learned that kind if skills or language and I really want to jb the he'll out if this phone. Can anyone point me in direction of a site or person that breaks down the basics if what needs to be done? Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Most themes can be downloaded via the Cydia store then applied through WinterBoard. Some themes, not available via Cydia, you just have to SSH (file transfer) to your device under the correct folder.

As for the homescreen/lockscreen widgets, there's nothing that should be needed to know to edit the location variable for the weather.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Try this Web-site for information about jailbreaking and applying themes, it should help give you a general idea about how it all works. Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

When I first started theming my iPhone after jailbreaking, I pretty much stuck with themes that could be installed through Winterboard and didn't require any tweaking (Cydia --> Themes [Complete]). As I've become more familiar with the process and learned from the great people here, I've started mixing and matching themes, creating icons, and doing other customizations.

I use Winterboard, iFile, and YummyFTP---nothing that requires any special computer language, just an understanding of the iPhones file hierarchy. Take your time, read a lot, and ask questions---if I can do it, you can do it! :D