Jailbroken iPhone istallation help

TyK

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so last month my girlfriend bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone from an ebay user. When she installed it her software was updated to 3.1.3 with the new baseband. Basically this locked the iPhone down and made it useless. I think this is aclled "bricking" it?

Anyway she bought another iPhone and wants to avoid doing this again. Can someone tell me how to install it for her without turning it into a paper weight? Thanks in advance.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Hey, so last month my girlfriend bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone from an ebay user. When she installed it her software was updated to 3.1.3 with the new baseband. Basically this locked the iPhone down and made it useless. I think this is aclled "bricking" it?

Anyway she bought another iPhone and wants to avoid doing this again. Can someone tell me how to install it for her without turning it into a paper weight? Thanks in advance.

The first phone is not bricked, just locked and not jailbroken. I'm not sure that you can avoid the software being updated to 3.1.3.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77