New 3GS=no jailbreak?

mispoken

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I failed to research jailbreaking the new 3GS I got today. I guess my only option is this tethered jailbreak. I have two computers, one is a mac and one is a PC. If I reboot the phone can I only re-jailbreak with the mac? If that is the case, I may have to wait until we dont have to do a tethered jailbreak. Any idea when that will be?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You can rejailbreak it on any computer, mac or PC. As long as the computer has Internet-access and you can download Blackra1n.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Even if you don't have Internet access, you can just download blackra1n on a USB thumb drive from your house, and travel with that at all times.

There is currently no solution to the tethered jailbreak, and there most likely won't be until 4.0 is released.

mispoken

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Thats too bad. Are there other tethering options available if I dont want to jailbreak? I just cant run the risk of not having a computer to reboot my phone as I am on the road constantly.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The jailbreak is tethered. So there is no problem such as tethering as long as it's not jailbroken... I think you need to read a bit more about tethered jailbreak..

mispoken

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I wasn't clear. I want to tether my iphone to laptop for internet access. I was using mywi on my 3G. That, obviously, isn't an option anymore. Are there other ways to bring internet access to my laptop via iphone without a jailbreak?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well.. Here in Denmark we use Internet-tethering thru BT or USB-cable. Works like a charm.
But I have no idea if you have that option.. Sorry.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't understad.... if you want to tether Internet to your laptop... and your worries about having a TETHERED JAILBREAK... but you travel with a laptop....

Why the hell dontuou just bring the laptop with you in the case that your iPhone randomly reboots? You don't need the Internet to run blackra1n, and you already travel with the damned laptop, so I'm not understanding why it's such an issue for you....

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You don't need internet to run Blackra1n. You need WiFi to install Cydia when you first jailbreak, but after that if you reboot, all you need is a computer with Blakra1n installed so that you can run it. Carry Blackra1n on a jump drive and use any computer anywhere.

mispoken

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont carry a laptop with me everywhere during the day, and I dont have a need to do so........soooooooooo what seems so easy to you, in reality, is not. smart guy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2