Would a 2nd gen have a tethered JB?

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I jb my wifes phone, though i had some serious issues with blackra1n
(ended up restoring and using pwnagepie, then had to place all of her backups in the right files, then had bad sms, and email, and no data..omg it was a pain in the ass, all so she could have stupid 3.1.2)

Would the phone have a tethered jb? this is one of the original released iPhones, and I dont think it would be tethered. But i dont want her calling me from a friends cell screaming that her phone "JUST SHUT OFF AND IS ASKING ME TO PLUG INTO ITUNES WTF"

Edit: This is just in case she runs out of battery or somehow holds/slides to power off.. I know tethered doesnt mean it just shuts off randomly.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What is her serial number? (don't post). Reference it by the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number. If they are greater/higher than 40, it will be a tethered jailbreak.

However, if it's one of the other iPhones that you mentioned, where you've had it for a while, it should be just fine.

Side question, what did you use to jailbreak it that gave you so many problems? When I updated my wife's iPhone (16gb 3G) and my mothers iPhone (16gb 3G) I simply updated to 3.1.2 through iTunes, fired up blackra1n, and voil?. I have jailbroken over 15 phones and have NEVER run into an issue. I THOUGHT I screwed up SMS/MMS once, but it turned out to Be a problem with AT&T on the east coast. Had nothing to do with jailbreak.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
A 2g, regardless of the serial number will NOT be a tethered jailbreak. You will not be haunted by your wife calling and asking you to fix her phone. ;)

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Side question, what did you use to jailbreak it that gave you so many problems? When I updated my wife's iPhone (16gb 3G) and my mothers iPhone (16gb 3G) I simply updated to 3.1.2 through iTunes, fired up blackra1n, and voil?. I have jailbroken over 15 phones and have NEVER run into an issue. I THOUGHT I screwed up SMS/MMS once, but it turned out to Be a problem with AT&T on the east coast. Had nothing to do with jailbreak.

I made the wonderfully pathetic mistake of trying to jb FROM 2.x instead of updating first, which brought on the issues.. I later figured it out after she was finished screaming my head off about losing her contacts. (even though i did a backup restore and got her items restored).

shes had a few other issues since the restore though. like her contacts wont let her add new stuff. i had to reset all of her applications that had anything to do with adding more data, its like it doesnt recognize the .sqlite3 files, and is just not saving them.. weird. but its a project of mine, and as long as she can make calls and text and spend my money online i guess she's fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77