Unable to locate Keyvib app within cydia.

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I did a full restore, then re-installed purplera1n on my iPhone 3GS. Weirdly, I am unable to locate keyvib in the cydia store. Search brings back no results. Does anyone know whether or not Keyvib was removed from cydia?

Clippy

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation - just did a full restore, and now I can't find keyvib in Cydia to put it back on.

Was it removed from ispazio? If so, any pointers on a repo where it can still be found? The haptic-ish feedback that keyvib enabled is one of my 3 must-have's (along with Intelliscreen and Inspell). I'm digging through and getting ready to manually play with plists to get it back, but it'd be much nicer to just have good old keyvib back...

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation - just did a full restore.?? The haptic-ish feedback that keyvib enabled is one of my 3 must-have's (along with Intelliscreen and Inspell). I'm digging through and getting ready to manually play with plists to get it back, but it'd be much nicer to just have good old keyvib back...

Yep, keyvib is also one of my favorite "jailbreak" apps. I don't have the slightest clue on how to edit a plist file. Thus, the small keyvib app was very convenient for me. Just enable, restart, and wallah! Haptic feedback.

Clippy

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I figure I've wasted more then enough time trying to find keyvib - I went ahead and made the manual plist changes.

zeloe326 -

If you're at all interested, I've attached a zip that contains the 2 plist files I modified to get back haptic vibration (SystemSoundBehavior.plist and SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/ directory). I'm running 3.0 on a 3G - I suspect the plists are the same on the 3Gs, but I don't know for certain.

If you're brave, you can try copying my plists over yours. Alternately, if you decide to play it a bit safer and edit your existing files, replace your SystemSoundBehavior.plist's KeyPressed and TouchTone keys with the ones from my file (to enable the vibration), and your SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist's KeyPressed (to setup the pattern for the vibration).

If all that sounds a bit daunting, I'd suggest avoiding making the changes yourself. Mucking around in configuration files isn't for the faint of heart. :)

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I figure I've wasted more then enough time trying to find keyvib - I went ahead and made the manual plist changes.

zeloe326 -

If you're at all interested, I've attached a zip that contains the 2 plist files I modified to get back haptic vibration (SystemSoundBehavior.plist and SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/ directory). I'm running 3.0 on a 3G - I suspect the plists are the same on the 3Gs, but I don't know for certain.

If you're brave, you can try copying my plists over yours. Alternately, if you decide to play it a bit safer and edit your existing files, replace your SystemSoundBehavior.plist's KeyPressed and TouchTone keys with the ones from my file (to enable the vibration), and your SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist's KeyPressed (to setup the pattern for the vibration).

If all that sounds a bit daunting, I'd suggest avoiding making the changes yourself. Mucking around in configuration files isn't for the faint of heart. :)

Thanks for the tip, but a step by step would be much more appreciated. First time iphone user here.

smartd

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Vib keystroke feedback

I applied the changes, and my phone dialer now vibrates. How do I add this to the text keyboard as well? Or the unlock pin?

TIA
-=Dan=-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2