jailbreak and unlock iphone 2g to 2.2 or higher

otaneraginuz

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
hello, im here in the philippines and i got several issues with my iphone (2g). first, its still running on 1.1.4 and my friend who updated his iphone to 2.2 from 1.1.4 got his iphone locked and loss several data and application in the process, second i foound enough tutorial on how to unlock/jailbreak/update my iphone nut im still afraid to mess things up, 3rd is there anyway that i can add application to my iphone via itunes(latest version) whenever i sync my fone(the 1.1.4) everything works well except for the applications that wont add to my phone.. i really need help from someone whos in the knowing thanks....

otaneraginuz

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply but thats exactly what im afraid of, updating to 2.0 or later software will definitely lock my phone and is it really easy to jailbreak it and unlock it? i dish out good amount to get this phone and really dont wanna mess it up

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
hello, im here in the philippines and i got several issues with my iphone (2g). first, its still running on 1.1.4 and my friend who updated his iphone to 2.2 from 1.1.4 got his iphone locked

From what I understand, bootneuter will unlock the 2G regardless of what iPhone OS and/or baseband you have installed.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Read the tutorial. That covers ALL iphone models except for the new 3GS. You can upgrade your firmware to 3.0 and jailbreak it without any problems. Just be sure to sync your phone to iTunes BEFORE you jailbreak in order to save any data you may have that you want to keep, then make a backup of your phone, just in case things go wrong and you want to restore it.

What I recommend is upgrading to 3.0 via iTunes normally. Once you do that, make a new 3.0 backup of your iPhone. After you've done all of those things, then use the guide that Bad Ash posted a link to and you're not going to have any problems.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77