Is it safe to Sync after jailbreaking?

Grewmente

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering if it was safe to Sync games that I got with Installous to my iTunes even though I didn't pay for the games. If that is a yes, what would happen if I sync all these games to my iTunes, restore my phone to factory settings, then I resync my phone, but skip the jailbreaking process...do I still have the applications?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is ok to sync and I cannot tell you anything about cracked app breaks TiPB rules.

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The jail-broken app's will not go into itunes it is safe to sync with jail-broken iphone. (sorry I cannot talk about cracked apps)

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes he is right. Only games/apps that you buy/dl from itunes will sync with itunes. Any other games that you might find outside of itunes (or even apps) will not sync with itunes.

iTunes is based on your account and only shows your apps that your account has connected to it. Apple keeps your account record online so that no one can hack it or mess with it. You will have no problems syncing your hacked phone. But you will lose your hacked apps if you restore. Then if you re-jailbreak you will have to reinstall the jailbroken apps all over.