I finally updated to 9.3 and have noticed that when I add my MS Outlook.com email address into Mail, Contacts, and Calendars it changes from my @outlook.com address to @icloud.com address.

Now I have an @icloud.com email account setup within outlook.com as a "Send & Receive" account. This particular @icloud.com is completely separate from my main Apple ID/iTunes/everything else account.

So what do we think???? I still receive my outlook.com email.
    03-31-2016 06:16 PM
    I'm confused, and I don't have a clue to how you ended up with that configuration.
    03-31-2016 08:48 PM
    I went into my outlook.com account and removed @icloud.com from my list of "Send & Receive" accounts. I then went into Mail settings on my iPhone and deleted my Outlook account. I added my Outlook account back in and it still reverted to an @icloud.com account. I did this several times, same results. So.... I just did a refresh install and Setup As New iPhone, added my Outlook email account and it stuck as it should, as an outlook email account.

I'm thinking that if someone has an @icloud.com email account within an @outlook.com (or possibly GMail, Yahoo, etc...) for send/receive purposes, an Apple device(s) will tag the @icloud first. But then again, who knows; this is mysterious!
    04-01-2016 11:54 AM
    UPDATE: it seems that is not an @icloud issue, but a possible bug in iOS. I just went back into Mail settings and my preferred @outlook.com address in now displaying another send/receive account from within outlook.com. This time, however, I can send email from my preferred @outlook whereas before it would only let me send email from the @icloud.
    04-01-2016 12:41 PM

So… what do we think????

I think my head imploded. I'm with D, confused lol.
    04-04-2016 09:22 AM
    Over the past few days I've noticed that my default email address changes to an ALIAS of that address. It's like this:

I have a LIVE.COM email address.
    I have an ALIAS of with said email.

Through the MAIL settings my default address is the LIVE.COM address and it displays correctly.

When I go into MAIL > ACCOUNTS it displays the alias address. Also when sending a new email, it displays the alias address.

I can only speak for LIVE.COM email accounts for now. I am wondering if any other users have something similar with Gmail or Yahoo. I know with an ICLOUD.COM email, you can turn off aliases through iOS settings.

Any thoughts at all about this? It's very sporadic. This is on a 7+ running 10.2.1.
    03-22-2017 02:22 PM