ARE FAVORITES MISSING IN iOS9?

djgmac

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to be able to get to my favorite contacts and most recently used contacts by pushing the home button once or twice (it became so second nature, I actually forgot which it was). Now, with iOS 9, I have no idea how to do this. Has the feature been removed?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to get to my favorite contacts and most recently used contacts by pushing the home button once or twice (it became so second nature, I actually forgot which it was). Now, with iOS 9, I have no idea how to do this. Has the feature been removed?

It's not truly the separate Favorites and Recents as it was in iOS 8... there's a combined algorithmic list in the new search screen, that, as Keith said, is accessible by swiping left from your home screen. The contacts listed there are not truly Recents, nor are they Favorites... and there are only 8 of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The "Show in the App Switcher" option has been removed in IOS 9, however, you can view your favorites/most recent contacts via the Spotlight/Proactive Search Feature (Swiping to the right on your home screen).

SteveP

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You may need to go to Settings / General / Spotlight Search and turn on Siri Suggestions. Also scroll down and make sure Contacts is turned on. It will only show the eight most called contacts when you click the "Show more" button above the contacts.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

djgmac

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your help! I hadn't used the forum for a while and was bout to trudge on down to the Apple store when it hit me to ask my imore forum family! Thanks again!

RicardIAS

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm very disappointed with the lack of this feature. Launcher just solves part of the problem, since the recent calls do not appear over there. Siri isn't smart enough, she decides by herself and take very bad decisions. I hope it will be restored in the first update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerekIversion