IOS 9 Beta/Public Beta Install Problem

raywalther

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I go to install the beta from either iTunes, or when I install the public beta using the profile that you download, my phone gets stuck in a boot loop. This only happens when my phone is putting back all of my information (restore). If i do a clean install it works great, but when I go to restore from my 8.4 backup, my phone goes into a boot loop after it restores. Anyone else having this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I go to install the beta from either iTunes, or when I install the public beta using the profile that you download, my phone gets stuck in a boot loop. This only happens when my phone is putting back all of my information (restore). If i do a clean install it works great, but when I go to restore from my 8.4 backup, my phone goes into a boot loop after it restores. Anyone else having this issue?

It's possible that a setting or 3rd-party app is causing the problem, and since you're able to do a clean install, you might as well take the time to set everything up as new. Email accounts and associated calendars, contacts, notes and reminders will all sync back to your device once configured. You may lose game progress but, that's a small price to pay for a working device, in my opinion...:)

raywalther

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
When its in the boot loop iTunes keeps saying to enter the password on the device to continue, so I tried doing the same thing but without the touch ID and passcode and it still happens

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're on the Public Beta - you need to be sure your device(s) are enrolled and you have a beta profile installed correctly following the instructions on beta.apple.com -- and install the iOS and updates 'over the air'

If you're in the Developer Program, your devices UDID has to be registered under your Developer Program AppleID - or registered via a developer and you have to download the specific IPSW file and install via iTunes.

chudypee

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yea my device is enrolled and I have a profile installed. Just to be sure the way to enroll your device is enter your Apple ID right? I've done all that. It downloads for a while and it says an error has occurred . Could it be a space problem?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Disable the password for your device and turn off TouchID. Force close all your apps then reset the network settings. After the phone reboots, connect to wifi and try to update to iOS9.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That hasn't worked. It keeps telling me an error has occurred
Which were you running? Developer or Public Beta? If you have the Public Beta profile under Settings>> General, delete the profile and check for an iOS update... If that still fails, reinstall the Public Beta profile and try to update again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2