Called AT&T earlier in regards to WiFi calling

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
According the AT&T tech support rep I was on the phone with, AT&T has only released WiFi calling in Chicago currently. They released it in Chicago for testing purposes to iron out any issues before full roll out which I was told should be soon and they hope to have it completely rolled out before the new iPhones are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
According the AT&T tech support rep I was on the phone with, AT&T has only released WiFi calling in Chicago currently. They released it in Chicago for testing purposes to iron out any issues before full roll out which I was told should be soon and they hope to have it completely rolled out before the new iPhones are released.

Interesting information. I've used it several times today in Phoenix.

mustang7757

May 11, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting because I'm on Att with my plus , also ios9 public beta 3 and my wife used the phone last several days she said when her mother called from Italy it gave option to accept wifi calling. I told her I think only T-Mobile has this option, so I guess it will come to Att ?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've used it and I'm from Chicago and I can tell you that it's really awesome. I'm in a building with very weak cell signal but when I activated my wifi calling through AT&T it really works. Voice quality is also really good. They can hear me so clearly.

Mikasn

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Got it here in Dallas. Called tech support 3 days ago and they told me it wasn't available yet in my area. Tried it on the BF's phone last night and damn if it didn't work. Called in this morning and they said only Chicago. After I told them that was incorrect, and about 8 minutes on hold-they explained they had to provision my line for HD voice. Rebooted and they called me back. Worked instantly!!! Sounds pretty good but only when the other person has it also. I think the calling only feature will work when calling any number where cell signal is weak, it just won't have HD quality.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
So, they told me I need to add a mobile share value plan to use wifi calling. So another attempt for them to take me off of unlimited. Frustrating. It's different pools: one is data, one is minutes.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So, they told me I need to add a mobile share value plan to use wifi calling. So another attempt for them to take me off of unlimited. Frustrating. It's different pools: one is data, one is minutes.

They don't want people on those plans anymore. :concern:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234