iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my phone didn't back up automatically last night. Doing a manual now... Seems to be working- but not doing it automatically I guess. I reported the bug

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Beta 3 and I'm the hospital with kidney issues again.

Can I get a work around for some Wi-Fi passwords?

I'm kidding. Can't wait to download this once I'm released!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Most hospitals should have a free wifi account, you should ask someone. Either way hope you get better fast and it will be waiting for you when you get out!

Logylogy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'd say yes it is. Have you reported the problem to Apple? They can't fix what they aren't told about. When running beta software, it's what you do - report bugs, errors and crashes via the Feedback app.

Reported it via the feedback app. May end up doing a reinstall as well just to make sure.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Beta: you are installing UNFINISHED SOFTWARE.
why bother installing something you know will likely not work like FINISHED software...
The purpose of BETA software is to use it, feedback bugs, look for issues.
You sounds all frustrated like it should be perfect while IN BETA.
I don't even expect current software to be perfect.

And I'm aware of what beta is. I've been using betas on iOS since you were in high school riding in the back of your daddy's car.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here knows how iOS 9 beta and El Cap beta play together? Is there any issues specific to using both? Like issues with new Notes sync or something like that.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Swype is broken. LOL

It'll work once but once I try it again I get this:
b50f6f51cc9746a9398c7d46425ac92a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been great on this beta, I would say it's the best I've ever gotten on any iOS version on my iPhone 6 so far
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439063989.682984.jpg

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I just found a small bug on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 and was wondering if anyone else has came across it. Using iOS 9 Public Beta 3 on an iPhone 6 Plus and my wife's 6 I called her and she answered the phone but she still received a missed call alert. She called me back and I answered the call but when I hung up. I received an alert that I missed the call also. I have sent feedback, but was still curious.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay just installed iOS9 on my iPhone 5. Played with the settings and everything, kicked the tires (spotlight suggestions seems to be working), but the thing that strikes me the most is the font change. I don't even know if I like it yet.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
What is this "smart wi-fi" of which you speak?

Both DB5 and PB3 have the Wi-Fi Assist function (Settings > Cellular and scroll all the way to the bottom), but this allows you to replace wifi with celluar service when your wifi connection is less that optimal.

Either way, it won't allow you to bypass the 100MB download limit on cellular, so not sure how this would help.

Oh missed it. Yes it is on public it seems and works well. Before if I had bad wifi signal the phone wouldn't do any data requiring task. Now it switches to LTE momentarily to fetch the data required.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed an issue using Facebook. There's a stack of black lines (like a hamburger menu) underneath the arrow. Like when you post something on someone's wall. Since it seems to be font/encoding related I don't know where (or if I should) report the bug. If it's on the Facebook side I guess they are just not ready for iOS9 yet.

q3mG9aI.jpg

Photochris74

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 11.28.22 AM.pngHas anyone else noticed that PB 3 broken iCloud back up? It won't do it automatically anymore and when I do it manually, I'll check back a few hours later and it tells me it was never backed up.

When I plugged it into my iMac to back up to iTunes, it says my last iCloud back up was July of 2010?! Was iCloud even around then?!

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Last night was the first night running iOS9 and it did not backup automatically either. Though the manual backup did work. So I guess I'll wait to tomorrow to see if the automatic backup works.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing an issue with the App Switcher. The second-most recently used app displays as a blank/white page in the switcher.

IMG_4561.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2