iOS 8 Shared Calendar Alerts

Pipester

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I am driving myself crazy with this... I've used iPhone since the beginning but can't seem to figure out if something changed or I've just been overlooking the solution.

My wife and I share Google calendars and between the two of us there are 3 calendars as follows:
My Calendar
Her Calendar
Joint Calendar

The way I want it to work (and I am fairly certain it has worked before) is that I would like to receive event alerts for my calendar and the joint calendar and just be able to read her calendar.

For some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable alerts from her calendar. I disabled the 'Shared Calendar Changes', but that is not what I am looking for - I don't want to be notified for her Mani/Pedi @ 2 PM. I just want to be able to see that it is there so if something comes up, I can schedule around it.

Any thoughts? Was this a lost feature from iOS 7 to 8?

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Last edited:

Pipester

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you for the responses however that link doesn't look like it will help me.

She can remove alerts on her end but then she wouldn't get them either.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a section for alerts for you? In her google calendar I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polanowj

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
This literally just started happening with my account. No alerts on my wife's google calendar for events, but when they show up on my iPhone, they have an alert for one day prior at 9a. Tried on both the google calendar side and the IOS side to find somewhere to shut them off. Ended up roaming through (mostly birthdays) and shutting them off on iPhone. Not an elegant solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2