Need an email app with these two features

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the native Mail app, and have Notification Center setup to show notifications five times for new/unread emails. I think one (1) is the default, with the third option as 10. This may help.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
As for spam, I just check those folders on a daily basis to see if a mail has been accidentally tagged incorrectly as spam. If it is, then I just move it to the proper folder or back to the Inbox.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It was helpful. But it still has a problem because the native app doesn't show notifications for spam emails.

Are you looking for any specific spam? Recurring spam? I ask, because you could set up a contact for spam email. Name it "Spam". Then add "Spam" to your VIP list. You would then get notifications for every email address you have listed in the "Spam" contact.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Check in Settings/Notifications/Mail/Show in Notification Center. In that page you'll have options to set the value for the Show in Notification Center.

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I get notifications for spam all the time, and it shows up in my NC. I have two personal accounts, two work accounts and an account for a small side business. In the mail app, under the main mailboxes list, I added all my archived email folders, sent email folders, junk (spam) email folders and trash email folders. This provided me with quick access to any folder I wanted to review. What I soon discovered was that any folder that is visible under the mailboxes list will notify you in NC for each email that is received. So if you want to receive notifications for spam email, just make it visible in your mail app under all your inbox list. As for delayed notifications, I'd follow the instructions above and set the delay between notifications to the maximum amount allowed.

Nerd

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Also bear in mind. It depends upon what email you use.
Gmail does not have push email, unless you use the app.
You can also set up the Gmail app in the Notification Center.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My Junk box is actually visible but I don't receive notifications for this box. I think the boxes you mentioned are visible for all user by defualt. Do you mean something like this photo or you mean something else?View attachment 73582

I don't get notifications for mail that goes directly to the Junk folder. I use Gmail. The only notifications are for those that come straight to the inbox.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77