AT&T Dropped Calls After 8.1

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Looking to take a poll here. After updating to iOS 8.1, it seems every call to/from a follow iPhone user drops on the initial call. If we call back, all is good. I have tested this on 4 different AT&T iPhones (2 5s, 1 5c, and 1 4s) all running 8.1. I have opened a ticket with AT&T, but was wondering if any of you experienced this scenario after the update.

AT&T said their network is fine and no more dropped calls per the norm. I can honestly say that I have never had so many dropped calls on their network since the 4 years I have been with them.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and haven't had any dropped calls to other iPhone users or any others I've called. Are you in a low signal area when you call? Are you always initiating the call from the same place? If so, it may be that area and not the device. AT&T has a mark your spot app that allows you to report issues like this.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Like I said, the ONLY thing that has changed is the iOS version. I live in the same house, work at the same company and making calls from both the house and work. The other phones were at their house where they have always made calls; obviously. At first I thought it was just my device, so I tested others. I have a few friends who own android and windows and even 1 blackberry and there is no interruption in service with them and my device.

I'm starting to think it's just an iOS issue. When iMessage fails, it rolls back to regular text. I wonder if phone calls could possibly have a similar issue, except the call just drops.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on AT&T and have not had a single dropped call. I have also been on several long conference calls 1-2 hours w/o any issue.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you swap out your sim with the new phone? When i activated my 6, got a message to go get a new sim. Maybe that'll help?

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
It appears that this may be due to AT&T VoLTE rollout in certain markets. It's not only impacting iPhones, but other devices such as some Nexus phones, and my OnePlus are also affected. Switching to using LTE for data only in settings (on iPhone) or changing your preferred data connection temporarily to 3G has resolved the issue for most until the VoLTE rollout is complete and the kinks ironed out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I seriously cannot remember the last time I dropped a call. I’ve been with AT&T since 2002, and I used to get a lot of dropped calls. But it’s been at least 2 years, honestly.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It appears that this may be due to AT&T VoLTE rollout in certain markets. It's not only impacting iPhones, but other devices such as some Nexus phones, and my OnePlus are also affected. Switching to using LTE for data only in settings (on iPhone) or changing your preferred data connection temporarily to 3G has resolved the issue for most until the VoLTE rollout is complete and the kinks ironed out.

Man your lucky I've been trying to get win a 1+1 and miss my nexus! Giving iOS a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll