iCloud Photo Library and syncing pics via iTunes

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
So up to this point (for years) I have been periodically moving photos out of my camera roll into folders on my Mac and syncing then pics back via iTunes. Right now I have over 10k pics syncing back to my iPhone via a folder structure based on years. Out of curiosity this morning I clicked on iCloud Photo Library and iOS told me that if I do that all my pics sync'd via iTunes will be deleted from my iPhone. Soooooo.. what do I do with all those pics? Is there a way to make them part of iCloud and the Photo Library feature? I'm confused.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes. That will save them onto iCloud, but you might use up all of your storage space on iCloud.

I'll pay for the storage if need-be, but it doesn't seem like that is what it does... specific to the pics I have stored on my iMac and syncing to the iPhone via iTunes. The message stated it will delete all those pics on my iPhone... so how do I get them in iCloud so I can share them with my devices?? That's what I don't understand!! Ugh...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use iPhoto quite a bit and won't use that new iCloud photo library until the new photo app is completed and released on the Mac.