I just realized that if you enable iCloud Photos on your iOS device, it takes away the classic camera roll and replaces it with a single iCloud Photos folder that are synced between the iOS device and iCloud Photos. Any photos added or deleted deleted on the iOS device or iCloud Photos are kept in sync. Deleted photos go to Recently Deleted for 30 days and then permanently deleted. The photos inside iCloud Photos are full resolution and do not count against you overall iCloud storage limits.

This really simplifies everything. You could then install the Flickr app or Onedrive and turn on auto uploads to have photos in all those places.
    The only thing is that iCloud photos does count against your overall iCloud storage, but upgrading storage limit is very inexpensive.
    12-08-2014 08:32 PM
    I use OneDrive, because it has a larger capacity for free. Only issue there that I know of is that in order to do the backup, I need to manually start the OneDrive application on the phone. Same thing with using Google Drive or Dropbox.

If you want the backup to "just happen" and you have the storage space on the cloud, then staying with iCloud might be better.
    This is how I use the cloud services as well.
    01-10-2015 05:14 PM
    Personally, I prefer OneDrive in regard to photo storing. It's simple, easy to use and navigate and I have a lot of storage space.
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-10-2015 08:11 PM
    Personally, I prefer OneDrive in regard to photo storing. It's simple, easy to use and navigate and I have a lot of storage space.
    Same here. I have Office 365 so I have unlimited cloud storage.
    cwbcpa, Bro-row and mumfoau like this.
    01-10-2015 11:40 PM
    I like to store photos and videos on Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. But to back up what is currently on my phone, I use iCloud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-11-2015 12:48 AM
    I use icloud and I opted for the 20GB storage. At $1 per month it is totally worth it. Seemless backup. Nothing compares.
    01-11-2015 09:44 PM
    I have Amazon Prime so I get free unlimted video and picture storage so I use that
    01-12-2015 08:26 AM
    Also now using OneDrive to back up my iPhone photos.
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    01-12-2015 09:30 AM
    I am also using OneDrive since I have much more free storage (~30GB) than iCloud. One nice thing that came out of it was that OneDrive uploads photos from My Photo Stream, meaning photos taken on my wife's iPhone and my kids' iPad (they all have the same Apple ID) get uploaded into OneDrive. Now there's no need for me to maintain another account for each device.
    01-12-2015 10:14 AM
    I just checked my OneDrive and I noticed I have 1TB of space to use I think i'll use that to backup my photos haha.
    01-13-2015 10:12 PM
    I bought a new computer last June and purchased Office 365, which gave me 1TB of storage in OneDrive. OneDrive is simply the best for background uploading. I never have to open the app and you've been able to upload at full resolution at least since I made the switch from DB last June. I can take a ton of photos, come home, wait a few minutes and then start working in Photoshop on the desktop with those same photos I just took, all without having to touch my phone. Best solution I've found so far!

Nerd
    01-20-2015 11:41 AM
    I ended up using OneDrive. It seems to work the best and is simple to use. I kept have problems with iCloud service.

A.B.
    01-23-2015 03:56 PM
    Anyone happen to try Mega?
    01-23-2015 10:54 PM
    I have iCloud Photo Library (Beta) enabled but prefer Dropbox to transfer photos from iDevice to PC. When I have lots of burst photos I transfer them using the lightning cable to use with explorer. (Because that's faster)

I delete unnecessary photos from my device from time to time to free up space. Google Drive, OneDrive and Box are for other stuff to keep stuff sorted.
    01-24-2015 04:13 AM
    iCloud Photos: No Desktop Client, Enjoy AirDrop'ing Video from your Mac to your iPhone (and back, cause you cannot Sync that stuff via iTunes with iCloud Photos turned on) and having it fail in your face at 80-90% (not to mention, slow as all hell).

OneDrive: Just works. You take pictures/videos, they upload from your phone, they then sync to your Mac/PC Automatically.

Until Apple Releases Photos for OS X, it isn't even worth using the service, IMO, unless you spend the majority of your time on other iOS devices (iPhone + iPad, for example). The user experience getting media to/from the device/iMac is absolutely unforgivable at the current timeframe.

The intermediary "browser" solution isn't a solution at all, as it's implemented in a very half-baked manner (no Video Upload, ridiculously thin format support for Pictures, literally no decent organizational tools, etc.).

I might buy Lightroom and completely drop my iCloud Storage Subscription at this point. I'm up to the point where I have too many pictures and [especially] video to deal with all these work arounds to have a decent workflow between my iMac and iPhone. Also, when switching from Windows, migrating video to iCloud Photo Library was an absolute nightmare. It took, literally hours as I had to AirDrop every single video from the iMac to the iPhone, and AirDrop was failing all the time with the phone literally sitting inches away from the computer - sometimes it would fail right when it was supposed to complete. UGH!
    01-25-2015 05:02 AM
    I'm using both. But my fav for photos, docs, apps etc is OneDrive. I'll go back soon to Windows Phone till Microsoft release new flagship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-14-2015 06:41 PM
    I have OneDrive enabled on my phone, but my pictures are always uploaded to Photo Stream and are saved on my iMac which is then backed up to Time Machine. Not sure I have any real use for OneDrive to be honest.

I was surprised to see that pictures I had thought were gone when my laptop went south for the winter, had ended up being on OneDrive. So I might keep using it.
    02-14-2015 07:05 PM
    One Drive and Google Plus backup for me. I have unlimited on One Drive and it syncs up with my laptop real well.

zerog46 likes this.
    02-14-2015 09:44 PM
    I use google plus.
    02-15-2015 02:45 PM
    Question regarding one drive. It seems to only update /upload photos when the app is open. Is this the case for everyone?

02-15-2015 03:15 PM
    Question regarding one drive. It seems to only update /upload photos when the app is open. Is this the case for everyone?

For me it is..
    02-15-2015 03:17 PM
    Same for me!
    Only upload photos when the app is opened and / with Upload in Background is Enabled / Turned On with Use of Location service Allowed.
    Upload in Background can be Enabled only only when app have full excess to Location service.
    02-16-2015 03:15 PM

Not for me.

Do you have Location Services on? Or allowed OneDrive to always have access to location services? Apparently there's a restriction in IOS that doesn't allow apps to remain on in the background so to skirt around that, apps like OneDrive access location services constantly in order to refresh and update.
    02-18-2015 10:20 AM
    Hmm. I'll look into that. But why does an app require location services to backup photos???

02-18-2015 09:04 PM
    Hmm. I'll look into that. But why does an app require location services to backup photos???

Because of a restriction in IOS that prevents apps from constantly working in the background. To skirt around that restriction, OneDrive uses location services constantly in order to keep working.
    02-19-2015 02:30 AM
89 1234