can i pair phone only?

dudoo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have another phone that has much more music on it, because of an sd card, and i want to only pair my iPhone with my car stereo and use the phone only. BlackBerry 10 and Samsung s4 have the ability to turn off music pairing, but i can't seem to find this confirmation any where. So I'm forced to turn my bluetooth off on the iphone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are trying to pair them with your car bluetooth that all depends on how many devices can be paired at the same time with it. You would probably find that information in your owners manual.

dudoo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I can pair multiple phones, but only one streaming or av device at a time. The type of service that is to be made is on the device not the car stereo.

Posted via the iMore App for Android (on a z30)

dudoo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So you basically want to be on your phone talking while listening to music all via bluetooth?

I want to listen to music while driving using my BlackBerry z30, and if a call comes in on my iPhone or my z30 i can answer it hands free. I can do this now if i turn off the iphone bluetooth, wait for the z30 to connect, then turn iphone bluetooth back on, however i would like it to be automatically done, like it worked with my s4. I no longer have the s4, i got the iphone instead.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am not aware of any car audio systems that allow multiple active BT devices to operate concurrently.

My car audio has a USB plug in the back, to which I plugged a USB extension cable and ran it into my glovebox. Now I keep my music on a USB flash drive and just play my music that way. I can still use BT to connect my phone and make/receive calls.

dudoo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, you don't know of car stereos that allows more than one phone to connect at one time for phone calls? Obviously only one should stream music and answer / make a call at a time. This is what is permitted on my cheap $150 jvc unit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2