Not able to download or update iTunes app...

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know if this was an issue with the iPhone6, IOS 8, or iTunes issue, so I posted it here. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 Saturday. I started having an issue Saturday evening when I was trying to update or download an app. When I try to download or update an app, it would just sit there and the pin wheel would just turn and not download the app. I tried everything and nothing worked. So I called Apple Support and they tried everything too. The last thing they had me try was to "reset the settings" and that worked fine. It was all resolved right? Nope, this morning the same thing again. Not able to download or update apps. I don't want to reset my settings again (that is a pain to redo my iPhone settings everytime this happens).

Has this happened to anyone else? Anybody have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the newest iPhone yet, but have you tried logging out of the iTunes & App Store and then logging back in? Also, it's possible that you may need to do a clean install of iOS 8, especially if you restored from a backup when you got the device.

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I did all that and more. I restored from my iCloud backup. Then when I got home, I synced my apps and music. I will reset my settings and see if that resolves the problem for more than 1 day. If that doesn't work, I'll take your advice and do a clean install.

Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2